help cooking stuffed chicken breasts!

• I picked up some really nice looking chicken breasts stuffed with wild rice at the local organic grocery store yesterday (a real treat since that place is so pricey). They didn't come with ANY directions!

Anyone know the correct oven temperature, cooking time for 2 stuffed chicken breasts? They weren't cheap so I dont want to ruin them!

Thanks in advance!
  • Full-sized? How are the stuffed? (Slit in the top and stuffed sort of like a baked potato, or slit in the side, stuffed in so the chicken is completely surrounding the filling?)

I just looked at some recipes for rice-stuffed chicken breasts, and you're probably talking 45-50 minutes at 350 degrees, or so.
  • Ack, they are at home so I can't check! If I remember correctly, they are stuffed in the side.
  • OK, so if the filling is completely surrounded by meat, what I would do is heat an oven-safe saute pan over fairly high heat with a teaspoon or two of olive oil. Brown them until golden on both sides. Then stick the pan in a 350 degree oven for probably 40-50 minutes, depending on size, until the chicken is cooked through.

If the filling is exposed, you can't do this, because it'll fall out. But it'll make a big difference texture-wise if the filling is completely surrounded.
  • Thanks, I'll let you know how it turns out!
  • Thanks Amanda, chicken breasts turned out perfectly!

• Ooooh, yum! Glad they turned out!