3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Fabulous ways to eat Cottage Cheese? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/154489-fabulous-ways-eat-cottage-cheese.html)

luvja 10-20-2008 09:49 AM

Fabulous ways to eat Cottage Cheese?

I used to think cottage cheese was repulsive - but I guess my tastebud's have changed, yay :yay:.
I've been putting defrosted frozen blueberries/ or field berries in my cottage cheese.
I'm not very creative when it comes to food/meal ideas.
So, I'm looking for some ideas, please. :)

raw23 10-20-2008 09:57 AM

Oh... good stuff!! Tons of protein and tasty.

I usually eat it out of the carton. My mom likes to put cinnamon on hers. Peaches are good mixed in, too.

yoyoma 10-20-2008 10:03 AM

I do like it sweet with different kinds of fruit For something different and spicy, you might try mixing in some salsa instead.

evilwomaniamshe 10-20-2008 11:02 AM

The Only Way I Enjoy Lowfat Cottage Cheese Is With Red Or Green Seedless Grapes Mixed In & Sprinkled With Black Pepper. Yum!

luvja 10-20-2008 11:06 AM

Interesting ideas, thanks for the tips. :)

Onsecondthought 10-20-2008 11:53 AM

I absolutely love cottage cheese! I eat it almost every single day and I change it up depending on what I'm craving at that moment...

*banana, almonds and cinnamon
*banana, almonds and a packet of sugar-free hot cocoa
*apples, almonds and cinnamon (I microwave the apples for a minute until they get a little soft, let them cool, and then mix them in)
*peaches
*plums
*nectarines
*smushed raspberries

there's also a recipe on one of the the boards for pancakes made with cottage cheese, oatmeal and egg whites!! super yummy!!

JamieJo 10-20-2008 11:56 AM

I REALLY like it with crutons...and lots of pepper.

Ija 10-20-2008 12:29 PM

With raw almonds and maple syrup (real maple, not pancake syrup). So delicious!!!

peachcake 10-20-2008 01:19 PM

I don't like it with anything sweet...

A plain baked potato with 1/2c cottage cheese (2%) is only 200cals and I LOVE it

For breakfast sometimes I have 2 egg beaters (60cals), 2 strips morning star bacon (60 cals) and I cook the bacon and crumble it into the eggs while they are cooking, then right before I eat it I top it with 1/2c cottage cheese. It's a protein packed 210cal breakfast.

kittycat40 10-20-2008 02:52 PM

to make it feel like a real treat I put some fruit only jam in it.

urockmom 10-20-2008 03:42 PM

Almost everyday breakfast:

1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 tbls. honey
2 tbls. walnuts

Yum! Yum! Yum!

stacylambert 10-20-2008 05:50 PM

Ew, I don't like it sweet either. I kept trying to add fruit and jams and stuff to it and could never choke it down. Now I eat 2% straight from the carton, nothing in it at all, and I actually like it. The black pepper sounds good though.

kaplods 10-20-2008 06:09 PM

I don't eat frozen dinners often, but when I'm craving lasagna, I'll buy a Smart One's or Michelina's lasagna (usually they're under 250 calories, so a little dinky for dinner by themselves). I add the cottage cheese to the dinner before cooking, usually or stir it in afterward and reheat a little longer to melt the cottage cheese. Then I'll make a salad and maybe another veggie. And dinky meal is now a little more balanced.

ToutDeSuite 10-20-2008 08:08 PM

Cottage cheese and pineapple is so yummy!

Schmoodle 10-20-2008 08:36 PM

I love it with chopped cucumber, tuna, and pepper.
And I use it drained in lasagna dishes in place of the ricotta - I prefer the texture for this.
With sugar free apple butter it's yummy.
And for breakfast I'll have a chocolate cheesecake smoothie - 1/4 cup ctage cheese, a packet of NSA hot chocolate mix, 5 ice cubes, 1/2 cup milk, a dash of vanilla, blend until smooth.