Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 09-26-2008, 02:56 PM   #1  

Height: 5'2''

Default Frozen Fish Fillets

Hi everyone!

I'm studying abroad in Ireland and have to walk 4 miles round trip to go to the grocery strore so my eating has changed a bit. I also share a very small fridge with 6 others.

However, I've just found out that I love fish! There isn't a kind that I've tried that I haven't loved. I have bought some fillets already flavored, but they mostly have bread crumbs on them and I'm trying to avoid white carbs. I'm interested in buying packages of plain frozen fish fillets and they offer many different kinds, but I don't know how to cook them. Does anyone know recipes using frozen fish fillets? I'm not on any specific diet. I'm just trying to eat healthier- more fruits and vegetables, no high fructose corn syrup, less sugar. So basically more whole, natural foods. Any recipes or suggestions on where to find some would be great!

Dee
tigger175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 03:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

I buy frozen filets all the time. Mahi, trout, etc.

I thaw them in a bowl of warm water, then put them in the toaster oven - a little lemon juice, a sprinkle of salt and pepper, and bake for about 12-15 mins (depending on the thickness of the filet).

Or brush them with olive oil and grill them outside.

I loooove fish.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 08:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I buy individually packaged frozen tilapia. It doesn't take long to defrost. I usually thaw it in its little package in the refrigerator. When I get home after work it is ready to cook.

Lately, I have been liberally sprinkling it with chili powder and grilling it on a piece of foil. You certainly could saute it in a pan on the stove. After it is cooked, I squeeze fresh lime juice on it.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 10:37 PM   #4  
~*Lupo di Autunno*~

S/C/G: 162/115/115

Height: 5'3"

If you buy frozen catfish, soak it in buttermilk before you cook it, as it tends to taste muddy otherwise.

I love to put a fillet of fish (your choice) into an aluminum foil packet full of mixed steamed vegetables (also your choice). Add some light Italian dressing, bake at 425 for about 15-20 minutes and you're set.
Wolf Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:20 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

Gortons Frozen Fillets are good. They are already seasoned, you just warm them up. The lemon pepper ones are really good!
AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:02 PM   #6  
very small boned

S/C/G: 110/107/104

Height: 5'3"

brush with evoo and broil. flip mid cook.
girl81 is offline   Reply With Quote