Of course, I am going to have to call it awesome because I spent a lot of money. Seriously though, I rarely go to Whole Foods but I usually go for Soy Milk because it is the cheapest place I can find it. I usually spend only $20 or so there but today was different.
I'm especially excited about a few things I found
- Unsweetened rice milk - I have never seen this before but the WF label decided to make their own. I majorly stocked up on this. I am so excited because I try to limit my soy but I only drink unsweetened nondairy milks and they usually only come in soy and almond. Since it is the WF brand, it is also cheap!
- Whole foods brand 100% Whole Wheat bread - I think this is my new favorite bread! Its cheaper than most other brands and has only a few, quality ingredients. It also has one of the lowest calories per slice for a nice dense bread.
- Raw organic almond butter - Now this is a splurge item but my goal is to eat raw nut butters and they are hard to find, this was on sale though but still more expensive than regular almond butter.
- Liquid stevia - again a splurge item but WF brand had the cheapest price per ounce and I decided to go with it.
- Organic plums for .99/lb. I don't often buy produce at WF unless its on sale and these were a nice price!
- Better than bouillon vegetarian chicken and veggie bouillon - This is one of the best bouillons I've ever had and they had it on sale for under $5/jar which is cheap for this item.
- Ethnic gourmet frozen entrees (2/$7 with $1 off coupon) - I normally don't buy frozen dinners but I will be leaving for a few days and these will probably be a good meal for him.
- Sunshine burgers - I love these vegan burger patties. They don't try to taste like meat and they are delicious. I normally don't buy because they are expensive but they were on sale.
- Veggie brown rice sushi rolls - Although my local asian market has veggie sushi rolls for half the price, I like the brown rice ones at WF and it meant I didn't have to make an extra stop on the way home.
- Vegan Beef and broccoli and general tso's chicken from the deli - I've never tried any of their deli selections but the beef and broccoli was on sale so I said why not. They actually both taste pretty good.
- Non food related items - laundry detergent on sale and WF brand of lavender shampoo, conditioner, body wash and body lotion. The WF bath and body products are pretty cheap and decent ingredients.
Anyone else bought anything they are especially excited about lately? I will definitely report back on the rice milk as it sadly makes me very happy.