This is interesting! Makes me want to go out and try more foods!
Bold - I've eaten
Not bold - haven't
*things I had to look up
My own commentary peppered in there as to what I would or would never try!
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos rancheros
4. Steak tartare
- gator counts right?
6. Black pudding - don't think I could do it
7. Cheese fondue
8. Carp - I'd try it, but I'm a fish snob so...
9. Borscht - definitely try it
10. Baba ghanoush - I'd definitely try it
- Yum! My mom makes the best.
*12. Pho - I think I've had similar things, though
13. PB&J sandwich
*14. Aloo gobi - honestly not sure, might have had it at an Indian buffet
15. Hot dog from a street cart - *Shudder*
*16. Epoisses - as long as it's not moldy
17. Black truffle - why not?
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes - would definitely try this!
19. Steamed pork buns
20. Pistachio ice cream - I'm not a pistachio fan - this was always my sis's fave as a kid though
21. Heirloom tomatoes - not sure if I've tried these, honestly.
22. Fresh wild berries
23. Foie gras - no thank you
24. Rice and beans
25. Brawn, or head cheese - NO thank you
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper - ABSOLUTELY NOT
27. Dulce de leche
*30. Bagna cauda - It sounds good though!
31. Wasabi peas
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl
33. Salted lassi - I've had sweet though
35. Root beer float
36. Cognac with a fat cigar - I'd try the cognac, but not the cigar
37. Clotted cream tea - I'd probably try it
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O
- Jello shots? Who me?
40. Oxtail - I don't know if I'd eat this
41. Curried goat - I'd eat it
42. Whole insects - Nope but I'd try it
43. Phaal - Wikipedia says it has scotch bonnet in it, and since I said NO to that!
44. Goat’s milk - Sure, why not
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more - Nope, but I've had rum in a similar price range. It was gooood. However I was definitely not the one buying!
46. Fugu - I think I'd pass on this one. I'll leave the puffers for my fish tank, thank you.
47. Chicken tikka masala
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut
50. Sea urchin
- I think I had urchin roe once - did I make that up? Does it exist?
51. Prickly pear
*52. Umeboshi - I'll try any new fruit!
53. Abalone - I'd definitely eat it
*54. Paneer - I'll try any cheese that's not moldy! (I'm allergic to moldy cheeses.)
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal - Proudly no!
*56. Spaetzle - sound good
57. Dirty gin martini
- I've had a sip of one, that was enough.
58. Beer above 8% ABV
*59. Poutine - Sounds yummy but not healthy!
60. Carob chips
62. Sweetbreads - NO
- I'm sure I've had it in some form of antacid/stomach med or another
*64. Currywurst - Disappointed I didn't have this when I lived in PA, sounds good
66. Frogs’ legs - I'd try them - you cook them right?
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake
- I grew up in PA dutch county!
68. Haggis - Erm...
69. Fried plantain
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette - maybe not.
72. Caviar and blini
*73. Louche absinthe - Heck I'll try any alcohol...
*74. Gjetost, or brunost
75. Roadkill - most likely not.
*76. Baijiu - I'd give it a whirl
77. Hostess Fruit Pie - I don't think I'd eat this
78. Snail - But I'd try it - cooked right?
*79. Lapsang souchong - I'd try this for sure!
*81. Tom yum
*82. Eggs Benedict
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant. - Again, I probably couldn't afford it, but I'd eat it!
85. Kobe beef - I'd eat it...but probably couldn't afford it myself.
86. Hare - I'd try it
89. Horse - I'd eat it if I was really hungry
*90. Criollo chocolate -
92. Soft shell crab
*93. Rose harissa - I'll try any plant matter
94. Catfish - I wouldn't eat it, just b/c I am
a fish snob
95. Mole poblano - sound delish
96. Bagel and lox
*97. Lobster Thermidor - I'd try it if someone gave it to me, but I like my lobster simple - boiled with melted butter. Yum!
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee -
100. Snake - I'd try it, but not Indiana Jones style (eating the babies raw as they slither out of the roasted Mom). I'd want it cooked!