PB2 powdered peanut butter

• Has anyone ever tried this? I just heard about this on a BFL email group, and wondered if it were worth trying? Supposedly 75% less fat, as all the peanut oil is extracted to create the powdered product.

http://www.bellplantation.com/index....d=15&Itemid=35

Cindy
  • I love it.. just got my third shipment of the stuff yesterday. The nutrionals actually have change to 85% less fat now.. fat dropped to 1.87 from 2.8 total and .34 saturated down from .55 and protein went up to 5.65 from 4.3

The manufactueres site has lots of good recipes. I've used it in thai peanut sauces and in desserts made with splenda. really good. I don't think I'd make a peanut butter sanwdich out of the stuff but as an ingredient, its wonderful
  • Yes, I like it a lot! I just got my second shipment last week. I like to mix it with water, cocoa powder and splenda to make a killer ice cream or fruit topping. I've reconstituted it to use as regular peanut butter, it works fine. You can also mix it directly with sugar free jam to make a spread. I've mixed it into oatmeal, with or without cocoa powder. I've also made a pseudo-Thai sauce with it. I'm not a real smoothie person, but there are probably unlimited variations you can make with it!

I find it works best if you take your time and mix it really well, adding a little water at a time to get to the desired thickness. After a while the texture smooths out and it really does taste like peanut butter. (at least, I think so)
  • I, too really like the PB2. I like to mix up a serving and spread it on a rice cake. I'm on WW, and found myself binging on pb one night. I figured if I'm going to eat it, I would be better off using PB2. It is only 1 thingy for a good sized serving as compared to 2 thingies in a TBSP of the real stuff. I think it's good, and I'm a Jif die-hard. Ooooo, I have several points left tonight.... maybe i'll crack it open!
  • Ok, I ordered 8 jars to share with 4 other people. I can't wait to try it in some of my recipes!