3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Fellow Canadians - Costco Question (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/145374-fellow-canadians-costco-question.html)

just_a_dreamy1 07-02-2008 01:45 PM

Fellow Canadians - Costco Question

Hi,

This question is for fellow Canadians who shop at Costco. Off the top of your head - or if you wouldn't mind checking the next time that you go - do they sell big boxes of Fuji or Golden Delicous apples?

I absolutely adore both kinds, and I eat atleast 2 a day. It's not convenient to keep buying a few at a time, so I'd like to buy a big box. I'm wondering if Costco actually sells boxes (other grocery stores only sell by weight, so boxes are really expensive), and if so, how much they cost.

Thank you for any help you can offer :)

RealCdn 07-02-2008 03:19 PM

The problem with answering that question is that they vary from store to store. I know the last time I was in (last week) they had granny smith (which I buy) and two other varieties. I might be in tomorrow so I can look to see what the other varieties are, but what is sold in Ontario might differ from what they sell in Alberta. We buy a lot of fruits/veggies there as well as meats, sometimes chicken, etc. I've found lately that although boneless chicken breasts can often be a better buy on sale elsewhere, boneless chicken thighs are not. On that last one it's mainly because the prices are closer and the ones at Costco are trimmed much better so I'm not paying for the fat I cut off.

I will mark the thread anyway and try and answer your question tomorrow afternoon.

sotypical 07-02-2008 04:15 PM

Our Costco sells bags of apples... I am going tonight, I will check what kinds.

Right now I am loving the Pink Lady apples!

sotypical 07-02-2008 10:15 PM

neither at my Costco!

just_a_dreamy1 07-03-2008 07:55 AM

Courtnie and Anne,

Thank you, again!

lifechange 07-03-2008 09:14 AM

why not buy from an apple orchard?

RealCdn 07-03-2008 01:37 PM

Gala Apples - 6 lb - 9.49
Granny Smith - 6 lb - 7.99
Another kind I can't remember - 6.99 (wasn't Fuji or Golden Delicious)

I'm kind of with lifechange, although fresh local apples won't be available in Ontario for at least a couple of months. Some orchards may sell stored apples though (which is what we're all buying now). And again, different provinces and locations will sell different types.

just_a_dreamy1 07-13-2008 05:40 PM

For now, I'm just buying a week's worth from the farmer's market (when I can make it) or the store...I can only afford one a day, though :(

The closest apple orchard is in BC. I would love to go, but not in the budget! *lol*