You make me want to
    dance all about!
    Your wholesome goodness
    fills my tummy
    My tastebuds sing
    Yummy yummy yummy!
  • 1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1/2 oatmeal
    1 egg / 1 egg white (or two egg whites and little bit of skim milk to thin)
    cap full vanilla (thank you Barbara!)

blend in blender

Cook like pancakes on nonstick skillet. Add blueberries right after batter is poured into pan.
  • I make mine with equal parts FF cottage cheese, oatmeal, and egg beaters (it's Ilene's recipe). I also add splenda, cinnamon, and vanilla.

The last time I made them, I dropped in some sliced banana after I poured the batter onto the griddle. They were awesome!
  • Oh goodness, I adore protein pancakes. My favorite way lately has been to cut thin, thin slivers of bananas, layer them between my 3 pancakes, then pour 1/4 c of warm sugar free syrup with 1/2 T. of natural PB mixed in!. It is absolutely decadent!
  • is that 1/2 cup cooked oatmeal or dry oats? they sound good
  • Dry oats. I use a 1/3 cup of each (egg whites, cottage cheese and oatmeal). It makes 3 nice sized pancakes. Very filling.
  • Quote: Oh goodness, I adore protein pancakes. My favorite way lately has been to cut thin, thin slivers of bananas, layer them between my 3 pancakes, then pour 1/4 c of warm sugar free syrup with 1/2 T. of natural PB mixed in!. It is absolutely decadent!
    That does sound awesome!
  • I'd love to try. What kind of oats? Old-fashioned or quick? Do you *need* a blender? We don't have one, or if we do it's in storage
  • I've used both old fashioned and quick (just not instant). They both work fine. I've not tried it without a blender or food processor. I don't think you could mix it by hand to the right consistency. After blending it, the cottage cheese and oatmeal really get a texture like regular pancake batter. I don't think you could get that without a blender or a food processor.
  • question: if i HATE cottage cheese, will i notice it in this? i mean, i'm sure the blending and cooking gets rid of that nasty texture, i just don't want to buy a container of cottage cheese and then have it sit in my fridge until it turns electric blue.
  • I also HATE cottage cheese. There is no way that I will force myself to eat cottage cheese on its own. I don't taste it or feel the texture in these pancakes in any way.
  • I agree--so long as you run the batter through a food processor or blender, you will never know there is cottage cheese in the pancakes. When you run cottage cheese through a blender or food processor, it gets rid of all the lumps and it becomes very creamy. Meg has a recipe for cheesecake made with cottage cheese that is run the a blender or food processor and you would also never in a million years guess that the end result has cottage cheese in it.

You could use the whole container of cottage cheese to make up a big batch of pancakes, then freeze them. That way you won't have to worry about the leftover cottage cheese going bad in your fridge.
  • I sometimes mix 1/2 banana right in the blender with everything.

And you DO have to really use a blender or food processor. The first time I tried them I just mixed by hand, and they were AWFUL. I wondered about all of these people raving about them who were clearly crazy! Now I love them too!

I put a little honey on top of mine, and love them with cinnamon mixed in too.
  • i made these for dinner and they were awesome! i put sliced bananas on top.
  • Ooh, these sounds nifty! Guess I'm adding a few things to the grocery list (I too hate the texture of cottage cheese - and the only oatmeal I have is instant). Thanks for posting, I hadn't heard of these! I guess I'm behind the times.