3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Myoplex Ready Shakes (or equivalent plant or dairy based protein supplements/meals) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/143444-myoplex-ready-shakes-equivalent-plant-dairy-based-protein-supplements-meals.html)

LittleMissMotivation 06-09-2008 03:09 PM

Myoplex Ready Shakes (or equivalent plant or dairy based protein supplements/meals)

Does anyone consume the Myoplex ready shakes?

I used to drink them, and they honestly weren't too bad.. Top on taste compared to many of the other meal replacement/protein drinks.

I haven't had them in a while though, and now they seem bloody expensive! :o

My favorite flavors were the espresso (or cappucino, I forget!), and the chocolate mint..

Does anyone know where to get these inexpensively or a cheaper alternative that tastes as good or better?

The best pricing I can find is like $45 for 20 of the mix packets.. I prefer the pre-made shakes though cause you don't get clumps and they are easier for on-the-go..

Anyone have experience with this?

SoulBliss 06-09-2008 03:13 PM

If it is cheaper to buy in bulk and package it yourself in a container (like a shaker that you'll mix it in), why nOt go that way?

What are your goals for a meal replacement? Low/no sugar? Low Carb? High protein?

I like Kashi GoLean for price, nutritional value and taste alike.

LittleMissMotivation 06-09-2008 03:20 PM

I'm not specifically low-carbing but I have cut out nearly all sugars, white starches, potatoes, pasta.. I find that they make me eat and eat like there is no tomorrow so it's not specifically for low-carbing. I also don't really like to eat much red meat and/or cheese so Atkins and the like wouldn't be good for me anyway..

I DO want something very high in protein though since the last time I lost weight I was reduced to a 135lb ball of flab since my dieting efforts just ate my muscle and left the jelly. I am trying to get very high levels of protein this time around to make sure my muscles are "well fed" as well as using them so they don't deteriorate.

So, something very high protein, low carb would be ideal for me. I had a good experience with the Myoplex last time so that's why I want the same thing or very similar.

I'm also exceedingly picky with those shakes and find 99% of them to be foul. The two flavors I mentioned above (the coffee-like one and the chocolate mint one) were the only ones palatable perhaps because both coffee and mint are somewhat overpowering tastes when compared to chocolate or vanilla which also have more tendency to taste artificial.

Thanks in advance for anyone bothering to read and/or answer! :)