Nasty diet foods..

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to
  • Anyone try any nasty diet foods?

This week I bought Hidden Valley Fat Free Ranch for using with celery and carrots.. 30 cals for 2 tsp. I tasted some and I thought it was nasty. Never again!

Anyone else?
  • Shirataki noodles are gross to me, and I don't usually find ANY vegan food gross!

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/pro...takinoodle.htm
  • Oh, yes, the Shirataki noodles. I shudder thinking about them. I don't understand how people find them edible!
  • I've never tried them, and now, I don't think I want to! Apparently you're supposed to soak and rinse them a lot or they smell nasty like rotten fish or something.. Not something I'd want to consume!

For now, I'm just nixing the noodles.. Though I will have soba on occasion because they don't spike binges like regular flour based noodles!
  • I tried the Shaklee Cinch bars, because I'm a distributor. I looked for reviews before I tried them, but all I could find were GLOWING reviews about how great the diet was and blah-de-blah-de-blah from other Shaklee reps. So, I took a chance and spent $25 on a box of 7 meal-replacement bars. I don't know how the chocolate-peanut butter bars are, but the berry almond crunch bars are pretty bad. Yuck.
  • I bought some black soybean spaghetti noodles. Revolting. They cooked up grey and rubbery and tasted terrible. I was so disappointed because they were really high in protein!
  • I know lots of people it, but I cannot handle TOFU -- maybe it's the texture. I do like other soy-based stuff.
  • Kraft Fat Free Cheddar Cheese. Tastes like eraser shreds.
  • Anything made by Walden Farms.
  • Pretty much any "diet" food makes me just cringe. I tolerate low-fat stuff but no-fat anything is just gross to me. And everything else tends to taste like cardboard. Or oversweetened cardboard, which is worse.

• I loathe fat-free mayonnaise with a passion. I'm sure that what most food manufacturers do is just load fat-free versions of things up with as much sugar as they possibly can...which makes mayo decidedly NOT mayo anymore. Ditto creamy-type salad dressings.

In fact, most fat-free versions of anything suck, IMO.
  • Quote: I bought some black soybean spaghetti noodles. Revolting. They cooked up grey and rubbery and tasted terrible. I was so disappointed because they were really high in protein!
    Oh! I forgot about the soy protein noodles. They are AWFUL. I do NOT waste food, but those are one thing I threw away and did not buy again.

http://www.amazon.com/Nutrition-Kitc...im_gro_title_2
  • Quote: In fact, most fat-free versions of anything suck, IMO.
    I agree, the experience with Kraft's cheese made me understand that reduced fat is sometimes okay (have to check the fat/sugar content), but the fat free version usually tastes like crap.
  • Quote:
    I loathe fat-free mayonnaise with a passion.
    Bleah. Ack. Yuck!

Ask me how I really feel!

• ALL fat free cheeses, including cream cheese and cottage cheese and sour cream. OKay, I know sour cream isn't cheese.
    Chips made with Olestra.
    Carob anything pretending to be chocolate.
    Snackwell Devil's Food Cookies (from the 80s)