Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 06-09-2008, 09:59 AM   #1  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

Default i CAN have pasta salad after all!!!!!!! 4 points for 2 cups, thats just crazy talk!

so i don't know how this breaks down for you calorie counters, (on ww here), but it figures out to be 4 points for 2 cups!!!!! thats just crazy talk!

so here is what i did, (you can use whatever veggies you would like)

i diced:

onions
bell peppers (green, red and orange)
mushrooms
broccoli
carrots

then i halved grape tomatos and put all my veggies in a big dish and
smothered them with "good seasons"" italian dressing.

******when making good seasons italian dressing fill the vinegar to the water line, then fill with water just a little past the oil line, and add your seasoning packet, DO NOT PUT THE OIL IN THE DECANTAR FOR THE DRESSING MIXTURE. just add your oil to the individual dish "as needed" works like a charm!********

then cook your whole wheat pasta to your liking, i like mine al dente, stop the cooking process by running under cool water. drain.

i measured one cup of wheat pasta 3 points, and one cup of veggies 1 point at most, tossed in a bowl, and topped with more good seasons italian dressing, (if you make it without the oil, it's free!). i'm a volume eater so if i can eat 2 cups of ANYTHING for 4 points, i'm thrilled!

NUMMY! and here i thought it was going to be a pasta salad free summer!
pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Yummy. That sounds wonderful.

I love pasta salad and my hubby makes a great one with chunked grilled chicken, tons of veggies, and Kraft light zesty Italian dressing. It's very low cal and I think would translate well to low points. I'll figure it out this week and post it.

mmmmm. Now I'm craving pasta salad.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hurray for whole wheat pasta and free veggies!!! I can't imagine ever being satisfied with a half cup of pasta!
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote