Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 05-17-2008, 08:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Default Pennys muffins, muffin tops, cookies??

anyone try these?
Which are your favorite?
I'm thinking of trying.
I've bought plenty of the vitatops and I really like those (the chocolate brownie with nuts, the triple chocolate chunk-- how do they compare?
This is their website:

http://www.pennyslowfatdesserts.com/default.asp

Thanks!!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 11:26 PM   #2  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I used to order Penny's muffins regularly, back when they offered 100-110 calorie muffins. I loved them. They were a good size (larger than the Vitalicious muffins) and tasted great. I couldn't tell that they were low fat, they tasted just like regular muffins to me. They were lighter in texture than your average muffin, but that didn't bother me. I haven't ordered their muffins since they've changed their recipe; now all their muffins are upwards of 150 calories and I'm just not sure I want to devote that many calories to a muffin, when I know I can buy or make muffins that are around 100 calories per muffin. But in terms of taste and quality, I was very happy with their muffins.

I've never tried the Vitalicious muffins, so I can't compare them (I just know Penny's muffins are larger by comparing the serving size for each).
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 11:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

well, according to my Weight Watchers leader, she (my leader) complained to her about the changes, and supposedly they have changed them back to the way they were before....
I looked online and they said they were 1 point each; I forgot to check the calories though.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:39 AM   #4  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

The muffin tops are 1 pt and around 100 calories, but they used to offer whole muffins (a muffin top is really just half a muffin) that were only 100 calories and 1 pt. Their whole muffins now are all 2 pts and 150 to 160 calories.

I'm not into the muffin top thing; if I'm going to eat a muffin, I want to eat a whole muffin. I emailed them about it and they said that peopled like the new recipe better. But I liked the old recipe fine and definitely liked 100 calories vs. 150 calories for a whole muffin a lot better.

The flavors all sound great and I might try them at some point. Now that I'm in maintenance, I don't need to be quite so stingy with my calories, but it's a hard habit to get out of.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 10:51 PM   #5  
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveling michele View Post
anyone try these?
Which are your favorite?
I'm thinking of trying.
I've bought plenty of the vitatops and I really like those (the chocolate brownie with nuts, the triple chocolate chunk-- how do they compare?
This is their website:

http://www.pennyslowfatdesserts.com/default.asp

Thanks!!
it's hard for me to say personally... i don't really care for anything too sweet. I like for a nice flavor, but no too much of something, ya know?
chinchillables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:57 AM   #6  
very small boned

S/C/G: 110/107/104

Height: 5'3"

I find making ff, sugar free muffins for my family to be easier, healthier, and cheaper.
girl81 is offline   Reply With Quote