Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 04-16-2008, 08:28 PM   #16  

Height: 5'7"

veggie of all kinds fresh and frozen, apples bananna and strawberries blueberries. Fat free cheddar cheese, eggbeaters , yogurt, cottage cheese, potatoes reg and sweet. salmon fillets cod fillets boneless skinless chicken breast, shrimp , pork tenderloin, almonds prunes crasin(cranberry) 100 calorie packs of turkey jerky.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:14 PM   #17  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Let's see I was at the store a couple of times this week. This is what I remember buying.

watermelon
pineapple
apples
bananas
brown rice-instant for emergency meals
1% milk for mom
rye bread
fat-free sour cream
baby carrots
leeks
eggs
swiss chard
veggie burger
beans
tomatoes
cucumber
cottage cheese
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:21 AM   #18  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailr42 View Post
Tyler, did you ever think that you would be "into" oatmeal? I sure didn't think I would be eating oatmeal for breakfast 95% of the time.
NO! I'm kinda shocked! When I planned my meals I used to always budget in the calories for a bagel with Smart Balance in the morning because I thought anything else would make me feel deprived (which is always a recipe for disaster for me). But I'm shocked to discover that I really LOVE oatmeal even more than my long-beloved bagel. Now it is the oatmeal that is what I crave and the bagel is a rare option. Weird!

I also discovered that I really like raw zucchini, very tasty. I love to have a sandwich and raw zucchini sticks on the side!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:47 PM   #19  

Height: 5'7"

Count me in the camp that likes raw zucchini! And raw yellow squash, too. Funny, since I like very few raw veggies...

Our big outdoor farmer's market just re-opened (it's seasonal), so Saturday I'll take a trip down there after my WW meeting and see what looks good. I rarely ever plan for what fruit and veg I'm going to buy week to week, it all depends on what looks good/what is priced right.

Last week I bought a couple of small broiler/roaster chickens and some ground turkey so I'm pretty set for meat...

I do need almond milk for sure, DH will probably need some of his milk and bread. Will probably pick up some cans of diced tomato and some eggs.

I also need to stop by Whole Foods to pick up some oats, rice, and quinoa - running low on all and prefer to buy from their bulk bins. Hm, maybe I should buy the almond milk at WF too, I hear it's cheaper there? We shall see.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote