Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 04-21-2008, 10:23 AM   #16  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post

As for protein powders, I use hemp or hemp protein powder mixes. They are a good source of EFAs as well as protein.
AND FIBER!!!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:48 AM   #17  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

I have never heard of hemp protein powder. I will check it out. I know I dont get enough protein on a regular basis, because I have counted and on average I get less than 25 grams per day! That is why I want to supplement it now. I know it is a VERY important nutritionally and I do not want to lose any more muscle more than absolutely necessary. I know I have lost muscle in the past and do not want to do this now!
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:53 AM   #18  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTryin View Post
I know I dont get enough protein on a regular basis, because I have counted and on average I get less than 25 grams per day!
WOW. Less than 25 grams a day? Really? Do you eat mostly packaged, processed foods? What are you eating and how are you logging it?
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:38 PM   #19  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

I just dont eat a lot period. And, I am not a big meat eater...If I get a couple eggs, or something that is about it....I usually would eat just some noodles (carb freak here) daily for lunch, and I think that is where I am getting in trouble with the afternoon hunger. I eat either eggs, oatmeal, or cereal for breakfast, then dinner is usually just some veggies or a very SMALL piece of lean meat..but again that is rare....I am not a processed food eater, per se, but occasionally I do have some prepackaged stuff. My big problem is that I am not a big eater at all, just a nibbler. I have literally eaten with friends who have had gastric bypass and things like that and they can eat more at one sitting then I can, so I have to pick and choose my food carefully. I read my labels on packaged foods and I watch the internet to get an idea of fresh foods for nutritional info.

So today I mixed the egg protein powder with 1 cup greek yogurt, some frozen peaches, 1/2 cup skim milk + protein, and ended up with 51 Gr Protein, 330 calories, and then I had a piece of turkey lunch meat so I felt like I ATE something and I am FULL! I hope between that and my afternoon jug of water I will stay full until close to dinner time....then we are having spaghetti.

Last edited by StillTryin; 04-21-2008 at 01:39 PM.
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote