3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   What do you do for wraps? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/138984-what-do-you-do-wraps.html)

cbmare 04-04-2008 02:58 PM

What do you do for wraps?

I've noticed quite a few of you make wraps. Other than tortillas or lettuce leaves, what do you use?

Ruthxxx 04-04-2008 03:21 PM

I use whole wheat pitas split into two circles or else just use them as pockets.

rockinrobin 04-04-2008 03:56 PM

Damascus brand wraps are phenomenal. They are very large, 110 calories, 10 gms of protein and 5 fiber, something like that, I don't have the bag in front of me. They are incredibly tasty too. My favorite is red pepper onion.

LaTorilla is another brand that I've heard of that is very low cal, high protein & fiber.

I do use romaine lettuce for wraps. Great with tuna.

chick_in_the_hat 04-04-2008 09:33 PM

La Tortilla low carb whole wheat - 50 calories, 8 g fiber...good stuff. :T

suitejudyblueeyes 04-04-2008 09:37 PM

I use the Flat Out brand wraps. I have a freezer full of 'em because I can't always find them at the grocery store.

Otherwise I find Boston lettuce is fantastic for rolling up lunchmeat and things. It's flexible and buttery in texture and just the right size.

pipernoswiper 04-04-2008 11:57 PM

if your on ww the la tortilla wraps (the 50 calorie ones) are free for one, you have to count a point if you use 2.

i put everything in a wrap, peanut butter, spaghetti sauce and grated romano cheese, ham and cheese, chicken, veggie wraps, tuna or salmon, i've even made a gourmet mustard wrap when i've been out of points for the day, i wasnt hungry, i just wanted to eat, it satisfies the need to chew, and its free (i'm all about free foods!) o tih almsot forgot, i do this all the time, nuke a jennie-0 turkey hot dog (3 points), put on a piece of ww singles (1point), and i have a 4 point pig in a blanket......num num!

gastronome 04-05-2008 02:32 AM

When I'm feeling really exotic I use rice paper wrappers to make wraps because the tortilla and lettuce leaves get real old. I can make spring rolls for very little calories. You can find these in many asian stores...they come in flat dried circles usually in a plastic container.

LLV 04-05-2008 12:12 PM

Normally I just use the traditional tortilla (I don't like the flat out wraps, the texture is too spongey and papery for me) but on occasion I'll make chappati bread, which is really good for wraps.

http://www.bettycrocker.com/Recipes/...recipeId=34979

azmom 04-05-2008 08:05 PM

I love both the Flat Out wraps and the La Tortilla wheat tortillas for wraps!

Cassie501107 04-05-2008 10:00 PM

I'm using La Tortilla as well...trying to get used to the taste; I'm not all that wild about 'em....yet.;)

Cassie501107 04-06-2008 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassie501107 (Post 2135787)
I'm using La Tortilla as well...trying to get used to the taste; I'm not all that wild about 'em....yet.;)

Scratch that--I made a wrap with a La Tortilla today that was just...INCREDIBLE! I threw some Laughing Cow cheese, baby spinach, tomato, and turkey on it, and wow--I'll be having that much more often.:yes:

friendlykat4u 04-06-2008 09:34 PM

I like Caesar's Lavash low carb wraps, one is 100 cal and it fits a lot of filling. I usually load them with vegetables, but I've also done peanut butter, bananas, etc. I love them.

gemini1567 04-06-2008 11:03 PM

Oh, thanks for the ideas. I'm getting used to this whole weight loss thing & need all the hints & pointers I can get!

cbmare 04-09-2008 07:17 PM

Thanks all! I have some of the Asian wraps at home. I just have to put them in hot water. Do you heat your tortillas? I can't stand them cold. I guess I could bring the innards in a container and heat the tortilla in the microwave.

Hmmm. Now I'm going to be planning my lunches in a different way.

Thanks again.

rockinrobin 04-10-2008 08:00 AM

You can heat them up by putting them directly on the burner on your stove top. On a low flame for a few secs. Don't let them get burnt though. Just a little warm, and maybe a little darkened in spots.