Veggie burger that can be grilled?

• Anyone know of a veggie burger that actually be put on a grill? I've recently given up beef and I'm quickly getting addicted to veggie burgers! Some friends in the neighborhood are having a BBQ soon, and I'd like to bring some veggie burgers - but I'm not confident the ones I'm currently addicted to (MorningStar cheddar burgers) are safe for the grill.

Anyone have experience with veggie burgers on the grill? No turkey burgers, please! Just not lovin' those!
  • I would think that any firm veggie burger would be okay. So, for example, I wouldn't go with Amy's veggie burgers in general because I've had some of those kind of crumble apart.

Sorry I can't offer more advice!
  • Boca is the one that universally holds up well, in my experience.
  • What-all do you mean by "grill"? Outdoor grill? I don't think twice about grilling veggie burgers (Boca Burgers) but for me "grill" = "George Foreman". If you are using a charcoal or other outdoor grill and are concerned that a veggie-burger may be too delicate for open flames, there are pans with openings in the bottom for grilling fish; try one of those
  • I would third Boca burgers. I've also seen tempeh grilled which may be another option. I also like just grilled veggies in general and would be happy with a grilled veggie sandwich, if it was me that is
  • I've put Morningstar veggie burgers on the grill for years. Never had a problem with them.

• Thanks, everyone!

And yep, I'm talking about an outdoor grill.

For how long would I put one on the grill? I'm guessing only a couple of minutes?
  • Depends on if it's frozen or not. Check frequently and turn it often. They taste a lot better if you brush them with oil or a sauce of some sort, as they dry out a lot.
  • Morning Star Spicy Black Bean!!!
    I love the Morning Star and the Boca burgers, but the one that has my attention right now is the MS Spicy Black Bean. They cook really fast on the grills so watch em. I live the spicy black bean with sliced avocado or homemade avocado and salsa dip with a whole wheat low carb wrap. Now your talking baby!!
  • Quote: I've put Morningstar veggie burgers on the grill for years. Never had a problem with them.

Yep they are the best and grilled they are even better