Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 03-03-2008, 07:17 PM   #1  
Changing for me!

S/C/G: 171/171/125

Height: 5'6

Default night school treats

hey gurls i go to school monday and wed nights from 8-10 and i really dont have time to eat before i usually try 2 and if im running late ill grab subway which is across the street from campus i usually get
wheat bread 6 inch
turkey
provolone cheese
a lil mayo
lettuce
oninon
salt & pepper
and vinger n oil
good or no??
but when i get out im not starving but hungry and really dont know what to eat i do the whole drink water but im the type of person who has 2 munch on things any suggestions

Birthday Goal 145 (4-26-08)

Anniversay Goal 125 (9-30-08)
Happy Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:50 PM   #2  
girl toward svelte

S/C/G: 196/ticker/150

Height: 5'10''

Nix the oil if you have mayo on the sand. You dont need 2 kinds of fat, and oil can add 100 calories or more that you really wont notice if it is gone. Maybe a salad that late at night? Good luck!
audreymonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:42 PM   #3  
Changing for me!

S/C/G: 171/171/125

Height: 5'6

thanks audrey
Happy Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:46 PM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

I'd also omit the cheese... Use the oil if it's olive oil and forget the mayo...

A salad is a good idea with turkey for a little protein, a protein shake, some yogurt and fruit when you get home too...

There's nothing wrong with eating at night if it fits in with your daily total of calories or points...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:48 PM   #5  
Captain Obvious

Height: 5'8

I would also nix the mayo and ask for avocado instead. That has a healthier fat. For a snack, you can bring a small bag of baby carrots with you or baked chips even? My favorite snacks recently have been the Quaker Granola bites. THey have them in chocolate or peanut butter flavors and they are only 90 calories per pack. Quite satisfying..
gastronome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:34 PM   #6  
Brendansmum

S/C/G: 214/195/135

Height: 5'7"

I always have to eat on the run on my school nights! It stinks, but that's life. I leave home at 5 to make my 6 o'clock class, which doesn't let out until 10. We are allowed to bring snack type items but nothing that would be a major distraction. I always try to eat something before I go but I do bring a granola bar and usually a piece of fruit for the trip home {45 min. drive}. I also got some string cheese and pretzels for future snacks. I also found some fruit packs at the store recently. They are diced peach cups, with no juice or sugar added, only water and splenda. One cup has only 25 calories. Perfect little snacks. I think your sandwich is a good choice, but I would omit the mayo as well. I usually get a 6 inch ham with cheese, lettuce and green pepper and get it toasted that way the cheese gets all gooey, yummy!!!
Brendansmum is offline   Reply With Quote