chipotle chiles in adobo sauce

• Where can I find that? I saw it in a black bean soup that Nelie posted. I love chipotle.
  • You know in the market there area areas for Asian specialty foods and latino specialty foods> That's where you'd find it.. in the latino foods section. Small can, like a small can of tomato sauce size.
  • I ordered mine off Amazon.Couldn't find it anywhere else.I see now that Roche brothers has them.
  • I've seen them in various stores here, latino markets and asian markets. I've even seen them in some regular grocery stores where you would normally find chiles.
  • Thank you everyone. I think I'll have to stop at one of those little Mexican markets that are all over the place around here.

DUH! Why didn't that occur to me? See why I need you people?
  • All the supermarkets here sell them, and I live in the boonies. They're in the Mexican food section, usually.

Black beans and chipotle is a heavenly combination. If you add orange juice for part of the liquid, it's even better. I make my breakfast omelet beans this way and it's very yummy! (And don't forget the garlic!)
  • I'm actually not a huge chipotle fan but it is good for an occasional mix of things.
  • Quote: All the supermarkets here sell them, and I live in the boonies. They're in the Mexican food section, usually.

Black beans and chipotle is a heavenly combination. If you add orange juice for part of the liquid, it's even better. I make my breakfast omelet beans this way and it's very yummy! (And don't forget the garlic!)

YUM!

I'm going to have to try that with my weekend omelet.
  • CBMare, here the bay area most Safeways, Lucky's, and Ralph's carry chipolte chilis in Adobo sauce. Look in the Latino foods section.

It's really spicy, so just use a little bit. I've also found that once you open the can, you can put in a tupperware container (best to use glass if you have it cause I'm sure it will stain plastic) in the fridge and it will keep for a loooonnng time. I've had some in my fridge for months now and it is still fine.
  • Thanks, Barb! I really think that stuff might be a good addition to chili!
  • It is one of my favorite things. I have seen it at all the grocery stores I shop at, it is wherever you would find refried beans or enchilada sauce. It is really good to add to a roast in the crockpot to make shredded beef for taco's or burrito's, and it is also good for making a chipotle sauce to replace mayo. Yum.
  • My best friend makes an amazing chipotle chicken recipe that uses a whole can! It's very spicy and yummy! Essentially it's shredded poached chicken simmered with sauteed onion in chicken broth and a whole can of chipotes in adobo sauce (pureed first.)

I find them at my local grocery store on the salsa isle.