Fiber One Caramel Delight Cereal - have you tried it?

• Last week Fiber One cereal was on sale at the grocery store, so I stocked up. I've eaten all the varieties they have (original, Honey clusters, Raisin Bran clusters) and liked them, and I'm always looking for yummy things that also contain a lot of fiber. I eat lots of Bran flakes, Kashi cereals, slow cooking oats, etc. I decided to try the new Caramel Delight cereal. It tastes exactly like Cinnamon Toast Crunch to me! At least I think it's Cinnamon Toast Crunch I'm thinking of, as it's been several years since I had it. It doesn't taste like a fiber-ful cereal at all, though it does seem to keep me full for as long as other fiber cereals. It doesn't have the more complex taste & texture I've come to associate (and appreciate!) with fiber-y cereals. I thought perhaps it was made of grains that had been stripped and then re-enriched for fiber content, but the first ingredient on the label is "whole grain wheat", and nothing is listed as "enriched". Each 1-cup serving is supposed to contain 9g of fiber. Anyone else tried it? Have any thoughts of any labeling tricks that could be at work here?

I don't think I'd buy it again. I don't seem to get the effects of sugar like I do from truly sugary things, but with the way it tastes I'd worry that I could set myself up for a binge. I feel like this must be too good to be true!
  • I love it! We've talked about it on a previous WW thread because it only has 3 points per cup and you get a lot because the squares are small. My DS eats it more than I do.
  • We got some last week-both of us really like it!
  • Same thing happened to me! It was on sale at our store so I gave it a try and love it! I eat in in the little ziploc containers with twist on lids because it has a one cup marker on it so I know that I won't go overboard
  • I tried it too, it was good!