Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 01-22-2008, 06:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Default Anyone try the new diet cherry chocolate dr. pepper?

I don't have high expectations, because I'm not too crazy about chocolate teas. It's hard to get good chocolate flavor with no calories. I'm going to pick some up though. I thought it might not have hit the shelves here, but my mom said she saw it in the store.

Anyone try it yet?
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I just saw the commerical a few days ago and I am very curious as to its taste as well. Maybe the convience stores will carry singles soon so I don't have to buy a 12 pack.
crbowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I checked out WalMart today, and they didn't have it, but I'll be checking the other stores for it.

Canfield used to have chocolate, and chocolate cherry diet sodas. I loved the chocolate cherry. I'm generally not much of a chocolate fan, at least most of the month, but I love the chocolate cherry combination.

I'd also like to find a good light ice cream in a cherry chocolate, or cherry vanilla chocolate chip.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:10 PM   #4  

I just googled, and found on Wikipedia, that the flavor came out in November, and is only expected to run until April unless demand for it is high. A youtube vid has made the soda more popular, but I don't know if it will be enough to keep the soda around, so if you find it, and like it, you might want to stock up.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:12 PM   #5  

A little more googling, and I found that Canfield's Diet Cherry Chocolate Fudge is still around. I haven't seen it in any local stores in a long time, but it available online (but almost a $1 a can or more with shipping).
Old 01-22-2008, 07:16 PM   #6  

I'll try it before I stock up. I like the other Dr. Pepper flavors, but I'm a Coke Zero junkie. And I think that will be sticking around for quite awhile
Old 01-22-2008, 07:41 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

I don't like doctor pepper, but I consulted DB, who is the resident Dr Pepper lover in the house. He started drinking diet pops rather than regular shortly after I did, and he tried the new diet chocolate cherry one a few days ago.

Normally, he loves both cherry and chocolate flavor, including when combined. He said that the drink was okay, but only as a one-time thing - he wouldn't buy it again. Specifically, the reason for that was the chocolate taste was too strong.

Hope that helps
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:17 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 267/260/135

Height: 5'5"

I haven't seen it yet, but I do drink a lot of diet dr pepper, so I'll pick up some if I see it.
amy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:45 PM   #9  

I love diet dr pepper and would try this if I can find it without having to buy a 12 pack.
sparkle2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 07:22 PM   #10  

I just picked some up today -- it's okay -- a little more than fair and a bit less than good. It tastes like a chocolate tootsie roll pop. It has that synthetic chocolate taste that chocolate teas and other fat free chocolate stuff has in it. I'm not a big fan of that taste, but I happen to like chocolate tootsie pops so I'll drink the 12 pack I bought. I can definitely say that it WOULD NOT satisfy a chocolate craving for me. I don't think I'd buy any more of it.