3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   extra extra dark chocolate (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/128751-extra-extra-dark-chocolate.html)

Zepher 12-12-2007 03:09 AM

extra extra dark chocolate

Lindt's 85% cocoa chocolate bars, I just found these today, wow they were really good. Only 5g of sugar per serving, so you get to really taste the chocolate w/o the sugariness taking over. Highly recommended !

meowee 12-12-2007 07:47 AM

Actually . . . I prefer the Cote d'Or 86% chocolate . . . if you happen to see those, give them a try, too.

gailr42 12-13-2007 10:11 PM

I have been treating myself to Trader Joe's 71%. It has 12 g. sugar. Next time I go there, I will see if they have one with less sugar. I don't know if it is my imagination, or if this high % chocolate is more satisfying than a hershey bar. Like you say, you definitely can't complain that it isn't chocolaty enough!

Shy Moment 12-13-2007 10:33 PM

I have heard small amounts of dark chocolate is good for the body. Wonder if that is true.

nelie 12-14-2007 08:12 AM

Shy,

Chocolate contains antioxidants and dark chocolate is more concentrated so it contains more.

I love dark chocolate and try to buy mine above 70%, generally above 80%. Whole Foods has a wide selection of dark chocolate. Lindt even has a 99%. It is crazy, one little bite filled my chocolate need.

Shy Moment 12-14-2007 10:40 AM

Nelie
I don't like dark chocolate at all. I want that wimpy milk chocolate. I know in heaven you can eat all you want and not gain a lb. lol I was told a woman should have some dark chocolate each day it is good for them. I was never much of a chocolate eater so I haven't really missed it.

cbmare 12-14-2007 01:30 PM

Chocolate is an important food group.

Shy, I love the avatar today. Where do you find those?

Shy Moment 12-14-2007 07:51 PM

cb
I see you have the food group chocolate as I have the food group mountain dew. We are very sick people and need help lol. I find the pics all over the place.

Kery 12-15-2007 01:30 PM

Lindt sells a 99% chocolate here. I must be the only person in the country who actually loves it, because it's very dark and intense (and you just *can't* binge on it, it's plain impossible :D). They supposedly also have 99% truffles, but I haven't managed to find any (I was hoping they'd be more bitter than the 85% ones, which just taste more like regular chocolate than like really dark one IMHO).

practiceliving 12-20-2007 01:27 PM

I loove really high-% dark chocolate. I find that one or two little pieces will satisfy me, whereas with milk chocolate, I can't ever get enough to satisfy me.

Kery, that 99% sounds heavenly... I'll have to see if we have it here!

nelie 12-20-2007 01:48 PM

Practiceliving,

Look to see if you have a Lindt store near you, they should carry the 99%. We have the 99% here at our Lindt stores but I haven't seen it in regular stores that carry a wide selection of Lindt chocolates.

LoveChocolate 12-26-2007 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kery (Post 1961771)
Lindt sells a 99% chocolate here. I must be the only person in the country who actually loves it, because it's very dark and intense (and you just *can't* binge on it, it's plain impossible :D). They supposedly also have 99% truffles, but I haven't managed to find any (I was hoping they'd be more bitter than the 85% ones, which just taste more like regular chocolate than like really dark one IMHO).

There are 2 of us that love the 99%!! I'm always scared that they are going to discontinue it - it's the only bar like that with pieces that are the perfect size!! When you find those truffles, let me know!!

tamaralynn 12-26-2007 06:27 PM

I prefer milk chocolate... but if it's 60% dark or less I'll eat it. Bernard Callibeau is my all time favorite!! The chocolate factory is right here in Calgary :)

just_a_dreamy1 12-26-2007 06:40 PM

Tamara - I love Bernard Callebaut, too! I didn't know that the factory was in Calgary - that's cool :)

tamaralynn 12-26-2007 06:49 PM

If you're familiar with Calgary, it's just south of downtown on McLeod trail :)
They used to do tours of the building, but as far as I know - they have stopped. They also have one in Banff in one of the malls off of Main Street.

*Drools*