Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 10-16-2007, 04:17 PM   #1  

Thumbs up Adding taste -- not calories!

Just found something I'm enjoying and thought I'd share. I love mayo and sour cream and cream cheese (if I didn't, I wouldn't be on this site! LOL!) On the flipside, I HATE fat free mayo, sour cream, etc. Well, I was at an Octoberfest party and my friend (who does WW too) brought an appetizer made with roast beef and horseradish mayo and a great mexican chip dip.

Well, dips and mayo add to the POINTS fast -- but I found out she made these with fat free mayo and fat free sour cream. They were really good -- and didn't taste like FF stuff. She's been using these flavor packets to stomach more of the FF dairy stuff. It's a web site called Happiness Spreads. They have a few recipes posted, but they have several flavor packets to add to fat free and low fat stuff to make it taste pretty darn good.

I'm now using it with Brummel and Brown to throw on hot pasta and bagels. It's saving me a ton of POINTS!
twinmom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I use the same principle using my own seasonings. I buy ranch dressing powder in bulk (like hidden valley ranch packets, but in a big plastic container). I add up to twice the amount I would in a fat free dip than a full fat dip. Any strong flavor can be used to compensate for the flat, fake taste of fat free products. Dehydrated garlic, horseradish, salsa.....
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 02:41 PM   #3  

I haven't been able to find any nutritional info/ingredients on their site. Anyone else?
lipidful is offline   Reply With Quote