3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Low Fat Crock Pot Recipes? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/12272-low-fat-crock-pot-recipes.html)

steffie 01-05-2002 02:52 PM

Low Fat Crock Pot Recipes?

Does anyone have any low fat crockpot recipes that they have tried and liked? I do have a crockpot book, but they all seem very high in calories.

Any help is appreciated!!

;)

katrinabgood 01-05-2002 09:09 PM

OK, get ready, this is the easiest. low-fat crock pot recipe I know, I dare anyone to come up with an easier one!

4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 jar salsa

Place chicken in crock pot, empty salsa on top, and, as the guy says on the infomercial: "Set it and forget it!" (Low for 8 hours works well) Shred the chicken (use 2 forks to shred, it pretty much falls apart for you) serve over rice, or on tortillas...you could doctor it up if you want, by adding a can of corn and/or black beans during the last hour of cooking.....MMMMM!

Another EASY one:

Beef chunks for stew or stroganoff (1-1.5 lbs, I think--I'm not a big measurer)
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup (Healthy request by Campbell's is good)

Mix soups together, stir in beef chunks til covered, place in CP on low heat for 8 hrs...Stir in 1 container ( 8oz) low fat or fat free sour cream and serve over noodles for an easy Beef Stroganoff!

OOH, one more!

1 jar Heinz Chili sauce
1 can cranberry sauce (not the kind with berries!)
Turkey Kielbasa

Slice kielbasa, place in CP. Combine chili & cranberry sauces, pour on top, set on low 4-6 hours...Sounds kind of funky, but it makes a tangy sweet-n-spicy sauce!

That's all from me! Looking forward to more ideas! (I need to expand my repetoire!):lol:

Happy cooking!

dlphnfvr 01-27-2002 10:39 AM

Low Fat Crock Pot Recipes?

:?: :?: these recipes look good, but does any one know how many points they are?

lighter 01-27-2002 11:15 PM

Easy Crockpot Chicken

This is the easiest one I know of.

Easy Crockpot Chicken

4 frozen chicken breasts (boneless skinless)
I used defrosted ones
1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
16 oz. fat free sour cream
1 can cream of mushroom soup (fat free one)

Put in crockpot and cook on low 6 - 7 hours with defrosted chicken. Frozen chicken 8 hrs.

You can add a small can of mushrooms.

I thicken gravy with a little water and corn starch and turn the pot on high and stir until thickened.

Serve with rice or noodles

7 pts with 1 c. pasta
9 pts with 1 c. rice

There is enough gravy I generally put in 6 chicken breast and freeze left overs for another meal.

Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are 2 pts per ounce.
------------
The chicken and salsa recipe I wouldn't even count the salsa.

its_me_susan 02-04-2002 09:06 PM

HI

I posted a whole bunch of them down below in the recipe section!

Susan :)