Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 08-09-2007, 10:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

Talking Your Favorite Kashi!!

Ive been trying different kinds of Kashi cereal, and I found the one for me... Honey Almond Flax. Its sooo good!!! Its 200c per cup but its just so good. WHats your favorte Kashi products??
staciec878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:24 AM   #2  
I CAN DO THIS!!

S/C/G: 360.6/335.4/140

Height: 5'7½"

I love the Kashi TLC Honey Toasted 7 Grain granola bars. I usually have that with yogurt for breakfast.

I also like the Kashi Heart to Heart cereal but I just saw a post about Kashi Vive cereal and I'm definitely going to try that one.
gina1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 11:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

This morning I tried Kashi Go Lean Crunch (I had gotten a free sample in the mail). Wow! Is that good! I've tried a couple other Kashi cereals and I wasn't impressed.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 12:10 PM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I love Kashi Go Lean Cereal. 140 cals per cup. 10 gms of protein, 13 gms of fiber. Those numbers are off the top of my head, so I wouldn't swear to it, but I think it's pretty accurate. I can't go and check the box because I like it so much that I was finding myself going back to that box too often. So when I finished up the box last week, well that was it. I won't be buying it again any time soon. Sadly it's gotta stay out of my house for awhile.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 12:23 PM   #5  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

I discovered Kashi because 3FC. I eat Kashi Go lean Crunch cereal, or go lean oatmeal for breakfast, and love them both. The Kashi Go lean is a little too bland for me. I also love the Kashi TLC bars, especially the chocolate cherry bar, 120 calories.
I have tried the frozen Kashi, and did not like it at all, but that was just me.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 12:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

So many faves.

- I love Go Lean Crunch but do have to watch the servings
- For granola bars, I love the choc cherry
- For crunchy granola bars, the pumpkin spice flax is my favorite.

I'd love to try some of the other cereals, but am afraid I will love (and overeat) them!

I have a kashi product nearly every day (if not more than one). I keep a bar in my purse for a snack, "just in case". In some ways, I know there are healthier alternatives out there, but compared to what I used to snack on, kashi is a vast vast improvement. And I'm okay with that compromise.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 12:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

I had the free sample of Kashi GoLean Crunch too and it was really good but had too much sugar for South Beach. I like the GoLean regular okay, but it doesn't fill me up enough for breakfast. This week I am enjoying the frozen Kashi Waffles - they are really yum. 170 calories for two, 8 g protein, 4 g sugars, 3 g fat, 6 g fiber. I'm not positive these are legal for me, but they are really good for an occasional treat.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 05:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I love the granola bars, but they are triggers for me, so I don't get them.

I have tried several of the breakfast cereals and like them very much. I have also gotten something called breakfast pilaf that is a combination of different grains that you cook. I first got it at the grocery and when they stopped carrying it, from Amazon.

I like the breakfast pilaf because I can use it for a side dish with dinner, as well as a cereal in the morning. It is quite grainy, which I like. In fact, my DH calls it my gravel. So, if you like the softness of oatmeal, you might not like this.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 10:21 AM   #9  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I eat Go Lean every morning with my light soy milk and a sprinkling of chopped walnuts and sliced strawberries. Of course the strawberries aren't looking so good at the store and I'll have to give up that yummy addition.

I love the Kashi Crunch but it does have higher calories and sugar than Go Lean so now I just use the crunch to top my yogurt.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote