Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 07-26-2007, 12:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

Default 35 calorie STARBUCKS?!?!?!?!

I just bought some 35 calorie starbuck's cofee from walmart. Im sure it says 35 calories per serving. And 1 serving per can. It's light iced cofee. Is this good??? Or did I just buy alot because I got excited when I read its only 35 calories???
staciec878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 12:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 339/ticker/150

Height: 5'4

It is possible.. but check the sugar content, could be high!
Jniniffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

The 35 calories would almost have to be in carbs/sugars. I would hope it wouldn't be fat, and it's not likely to be protein. Even if all 35 calories are sugar, that would be about 9 g of carbs or up to 2 tsp of sugar, which in the scheme of things isn't horrible (unless you're on a very low carb diet).

On one hand, you probably could make something similar yourself for the same or fewer calories (and a lot cheaper, even if you use instant coffee as a base). Coffee has no calories, skim milk has about 5 calories per tablespoon, artificial sweeteners (for a packet) are 0 calories, a drop or two of vanilla or other flavored extracts are going to be minimal. On the other hand, it's a much better choice than a sugary soda or a high calorie coffee drink from a coffee shop.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:17 AM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I love these...they are a great "sweet treat" that you can pick up at a convenience store when you feel like having "something" but don't want a full sized snack.

I think they are mighty tasty!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:18 AM   #5  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

We make our own Starbucks iced coffee by buying the beans they use for their iced coffee. At home I use fat free half-n-half so a big glass of iced coffee for me is only 40 calories. I wish Starbucks would use fat free half-n-half! I'm a bit addicted to the place and on the weekends have started mixing my half-n-half with fat free milk to ease up on the calories a little bit. At least I no long do lattes!
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

That sounds like a pretty nice item from Starbucks. I wonder if they sell it in their actual coffee shops. It would be good if they had something that weight managers could have in a social situation.

I have made stuff like that at home, but sometimes is nice to just get something already made. Besides, I think the bottles are cute.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:54 AM   #7  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

There are many low calorie options at starbucks, in fact I have started drinking there most everyday.

a grande americano is 15 calories, I usually add some sugar free flavoured syrup and skim milk
(iced is same amount of calories)

a grande non fat misto is 70 again I usually add some sugar free falvoured syrup (it is half way between coffee and latte, they add steamed milk)

There are many other options, look at their site and play around with nutritional information. I always use the sugar free syrup instead of splenda or something because it makes it feel more like a treat

Some of their frap drinks (in light version) and pretty low too, a tall light vanilla bean is 120 and just like ice cream!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote