fat free donuts...

• anyone tried these?

http://www.simplyscrumptous.com/Fit_...f%20donuts.htmhttp://www.simplyscrumptous.com/Fit_...f%20donuts.htm
  • I have not tried these but did go to the site to see what the nutrition facts were. However, they give very little info and I couldn't find an ingredient list anywhere. I would be hesitant to buy them without seeing the ingredients first. They had to replace the fat with something and they aren't letting you know what that is. I would do more research, imo. Good luck.
  • They might be lowfat or fat-free, but that doesn't tell me squat about the calories and other nutrition info.

I've emailed them asking them for nutrition information and product ingredients. If I hear back from them, I'll post here about it to let everyone know.
  • Okay, here is the calorie info for the donuts.

http://www.simplyscrumptous.com/Prod...Show=TechSpecs

Scroll to bottom of page.

They said they were in the process of creating ingredient information.
  • That ingredient list has GOT to be scary...
    What the heck is in them?
  • Quote: That ingredient list has GOT to be scary...
    What the heck is in them?
    Not sure. They said they were currently working on an ingredient list to put up on their site.

So we'll see.
  • I'd also like to see the serving size.
    one donut is probably the size of a cheerio shot with a zoom lens. lol.
  • I received this reply from them....
    In answer to your questions, the donuts are in 3-1/2 - 4 inches in diameter. They can be shipped to (*****) no problem. The ingredients are as follows:

Wheat flour, leavening, baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate, salt, calcium sulphate, malted barley flour, sugar, egg whites, beta carotene, spices, onion powder, vegetable gums, xanthun gum and guar gum, vanilla, and skim milk.

The glazes are made with cane sugar and cocoa if the glaze is chocolate.
  • Quote: I'd also like to see the serving size.
    one donut is probably the size of a cheerio shot with a zoom lens. lol.
    Ha ha! No kidding.

Quote: I received this reply from them....
    In answer to your questions, the donuts are in 3-1/2 - 4 inches in diameter. They can be shipped to (*****) no problem. The ingredients are as follows:

Wheat flour, leavening, baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate, salt, calcium sulphate, malted barley flour, sugar, egg whites, beta carotene, spices, onion powder, vegetable gums, xanthun gum and guar gum, vanilla, and skim milk.

The glazes are made with cane sugar and cocoa if the glaze is chocolate.
    Hmmm, well? The ingredients don't sound horrible or anything. But what the heck is leavening?
  • usually leavening is yeast, it's defined as any agent used to produce fermentation in dough, thus making it rise.
  • Quote: usually leavening is yeast, it's defined as any agent used to produce fermentation in dough, thus making it rise.
    Oh, ok, thank you