Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 04-22-2007, 11:23 AM   #1  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

Default I Found A New Bar

And no, I don't mean the kind I drink margaritas at!

I'm a big fan of (nutrition/granola) bars in general because of my work schedule I'm not able to sit down and eat every few hours. I had liked the Luna bars, yummy taste and all that but I found some really good ones the other day at the grocery store with more fiber and less sugar and less calories.

They are called "Fiber One Chewy Bars" (the same brand as the cereal) and I found them in the ceareal isle with the breakfast/granola bars. They have 150 calories, 4 grams of fat, 9 grams sugar (lower than most the other bars I look at), 3 grams of protein and 9 grams Fiber (35% daily value)! I was looking for a high fiber bar to help keep me full a little longer and I found one that's yummy! It's very sweet, almost like a dessert to me, I bought the peanut butter ones which are delicious but they have chocolate too.
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:28 AM   #2  
Staying on track!!

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/175

Hmmm... might have to check that out, as I'm a big Luna bar fan myself. Thanks for the info!
shyla2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:32 AM   #3  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

I've been getting Luna Bars for a long time, my favorite is the peanut butter cookie flavor! You should also try out the Cliff Mojo bars if you like all the nuts and stuff, they are delicious!
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:33 AM   #4  
Staying on track!!

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/175

About the only luna bar I eat is the cranberry & almond one... sometimes the peanut butter one, too.
shyla2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 12:02 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

The highest fiber bar that I've been able to find is Renew Life's Organic Fiber bar. It has 160-180 calories (depending on the bar) with 14 grams of fiber. They are pretty good but they can be pricey. The thing I like most about it is the ingredients, they all seem pretty good. I've tried 3 flavors, apple and peanut butter chocolate are my favorite so far.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 07:54 PM   #6  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

Those Fiber One Chewy bars are great! My mom is obsessed with them and was really upset when she went to the grocery last week and they were out. She went to Walgreens the next day, found them, and bought 6 boxes! Good thing she has a huge walk-in pantry! Haha. I eat the Kashi granola bars mostly though, as well as their "roll" type meal bars whenever I'm eating that kinda thing. Unfortunately, considering how processed they are, I usually just eat the South Beach Diet meal replacement bars because they're high in protein and have a good balance of carbs/protein/fats as far as bars go. 5 grams of fiber as well, which isn't terrible.
LindseyLouWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 12:13 PM   #7  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

I like the South Beach bars, even though I don't follow that diet. It seems like they have a good amount of fiber and protein, which keeps me full longer. Also, the chocolate is pretty tasty
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 06:04 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

I tried the Fiber One bars after reading your post, and I really like them! Good pre-workout snack. I like the lemon Luna bars too.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote