Website

• All right!

I know I saw somewhere on line... A website for recipes.

It lets you enter a Number of ingredients, and then gives you some recipes.

Can someone remember this site?
  • I don't know which one in particular you are referring to, but you can do that at Allrecipes.com. They also have nutritional info for all the recipes, which is nice.
  • Thanks!
    took me a minute, but I found the part that lets you do that.
  • I think epicurious.com lets you do that!
  • you could also try CookingLight.com. They are a fantastic source for recipes and all are relatively low calorie and have nutritional info.
  • Thanks Ladies

I really like epicurious.com. That was a new one for me.
    I do like Cooking light too. Have the mag.

Maybe now I can find some new interesting foods, using what I already have.

thanks again.
  • I love Epicurious--I check out their site nearly every day (and Cooking Light--that's good too)--but it has long bugged me that they don't include nutritional info for their recipes, as do AllRecipes and Cooking Light. I wrote to Epicurious last week suggesting that they could provide nutritional info for their recipes so that readers could see at a glance whether the recipe was feasible for their diet, and I observed that all people should be cognizant of their fat and calorie consumption and should be able to make informed and educated choices about what they eat. Epicurious, I said, could help with this process by including nutritional info. I also said that providing nutritional info wouldn't obligate them to start producing masses of low-fat or low-cal recipes--there are times when I'm happy to cook something elegant and high in calories, and other recipes can be doctored. Nutritional information isn't just for people on diets.

So, I got a reply yesterday--they basically told me to b*gger off. They have a low-cal section of recipes on their site, and that should be enough for me. (I just checked--even the 'low-cal' section doesn't give nutritional info!) My original email was very thoughtful--I am a bit miffed that they didn't at least *read* my message seriously and respond to it properly.

Ah well. Se la vie.
  • The site that I really like is Better Homes and Gardens - bhg.com. Its probably because I remember my mother always using the red and white picnic tablecloth looking book which had so many good recipes in it. They have all the nutrition info posted with there recipes and some great health eating tips on the site too. I've cooked two new things from their site this week and both were really good.
  • recipezaar.com is awesome
  • allrecipes.com is my absolute favorite, partly because it give you nutrition info but partly because of the user reviews. It's sooo helpful to know when everyone in the recipe says it was too salty or the sauce was to thin etc. etc. and suggests ways to fix it or alter it. Some of my best recipes ever have come from there, I have a huge recipe box because I save so many of the recipes to make them my regular.