Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 04-22-2007, 02:16 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Question

gonnabelean,

Just out of curiousity, what kind of chocolate pudding do you freeze?
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:37 AM   #32  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

I've also heard of people freezing their yogurt cups. Frozen yogurt, makes sense. Although I'm suspicious of the consistency that would result, I might try it one day. I'm also interested in the chocolate pudding. As for the frozen grapes, I love them! My biology teacher in 9th grade passed them out to our entire class because she said she used to love to eat them before her track meets. She was awesome.
LindseyLouWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:27 AM   #33  

I can't keep ice cream in the house. If I'm out w/the kids, I'll get a mini-cone of either: fatfree sf soft serve, or, if I need the treat, regular ice cream. A mini serving isn't too high in calories and sometimes ya just need the real thing!
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 09:45 PM   #34  

Smile My fav's

Hi, I am new here, and wanted to share my favorite cold treats. I am an ice cream freak, and I have tried many of the low-fat ice creams out there.

Hands down the best, is Dreyer's (Not Breyer's) Slow Churned 1/2 the Fat Vanilla. It is creamy and I feel like I am cheating. It is about 110 calories per serving and only 3 grams of fat. I usually eat three servings at one sitting, and just work that into my diet so that I don't feel deprived of the good stuff!

I also love Smart Ones Strawberry Shortcake with it or their fudge cake.

Now, Breyer's ice cream is not as good, but their ice cream bars are fabulous!

When Dreyer's isn't on sale (normally $6 a half-gallon here), I will get Safeway Select Vanilla, and it is good too.

I stay away from most others though, because I hate a funky taste to my ice cream.

I also get a creamy treat by using Coffeemate liquid in my coffee. Usually Creme Brulee. mmmm

I eat 1750 calories a day, and never feel hungry. So far so good!
chickaboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 11:45 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Ice cream is such a problem. It's so delicious, so darn fattening and without genuine substitute. I can satisfy my sweet tooth with dark chocolate, for the most part, which is good because almost all low-fat ice-cream is a bit yucky. The Dreyer's (Edy's on the east coast) Slow-Churned stuff is the exception, and as Chickaboom says, its amazingly good. I see no reason at all not to prefer it to the high-fat stuff. I never crave vanilla ice cream--I just use it on fruit desserts-- so it's safe for me to keep in the house. Ben & Jerrys or Godiva ice cream is a whole other story.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:47 PM   #36  
No more fake foods!

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I like the Skinny Cow or store-brand ice cream sandwiches. They are only about 130 cals and are really low in fat (I think under 3 grams)
They come in (my favorite) mint, chocoate, and vanilla.
The only thing is, it's hard to eat just one!
PurdueGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:01 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 369/298/145

Height: 5'1

Living in the South & it being summer time I know the feeling for a cold ice cream on a hot day & have to say Thank God for Blue Bunny, they have a new line called Sweet Freedom & the Candy Bar has just 2 net carbs & tastes just like the Snickers version, they have alot of choices from ice cream singles to frozen icey treats, they hit the spot w/out my having to kick myself.
AnnaHope is offline   Reply With Quote