Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 10-03-2007, 02:16 PM   #106  
I restore Teeth.

One of Paula's frequent comments are "I'm yo' cook, not yo' nurse". That being said, I don't think she cares that her food is bad for health in large quantities...

I mean, seriously, if everyone here is disgusted by butter and grease, the show obviously wasn't made for people considering healthy choices. I feel like everyone's entitled to their own tastes, and a friend of mine LOVES Sandra Lee, so its kinda okay for her to "be near food" if someone else likes her tastes. I hate to be a complete buzz kill but in a society where I'm forced to live with the possibilty of french fries being slapped with a warning from the surgeon general and the ban of trans fats (oh this is **** to pie crust lovers), I'm really not passionate about food choices anymore. There's an odd spectrum from morbidly obese people who blame Mcdonald's for their weight and then self-righteous eco-organic sustainable-local-farm vegans who think they know the world, I'm so pro-consumer choice freedom that I just don't even see the point in caring about other people's tastes. There's GOT to be people out their that love the shows Food Network puts on, otherwise they wouldn't air it if it wasn't in demand. Succulent roasts are definitely more appealing to me than dried wasa crackers and sour yogurt, even though I eat both of these. It's the fried, roasts, baked goods that make it to TV. Mot people won't sacrifice tastes and that's when Paula Deen would come in...
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 02:23 PM   #107  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggielover View Post
There's an odd spectrum from morbidly obese people who blame Mcdonald's for their weight and then self-righteous eco-organic sustainable-local-farm vegans who think they know the world, I'm so pro-consumer choice freedom that I just don't even see the point in caring about other people's tastes.
Hey, what about the "Eco-organic sustainable-local-farm-vegans" who are "morbidly obese" ? :raises hand: Just what do you think we think we know about the world that we don't actually know?
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote