3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Food > Food Talk And Fabulous Finds

Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

I have a really stupid complaint about fitday

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2007, 05:28 PM   #1
LLV
Senior Member
 
LLV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 3,509

Default I have a really stupid complaint about fitday

WHY WHY WHY does that site make you log in constantly? Most sites you log in once per session. With fitday if you sit idle for more than 5 minutes, you have to log back in again.

Does this happen to anyone else or is it just me?

It's just extremely annoying.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 07:32 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Neko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Northern Joisey
Posts: 145

S/C/G: 240/200/150

Height: 5"6'

Default

No, it does that to me also. I would think the site would remember you for atleast an hour, but it doesn't. I guess we can't expect perfection for free.

I'm more ticked off that the calorie count/carbs for sugar-free jam is skewed. I suppose that's a picky complaint too. lol
Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:52 PM   #3
What's this button do?
 
Luminous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 278

S/C/G: 323/282/150

Height: 5'6"

Default

Burns me too. I emailed them about it requesting a change to keep you logged in, no reply and no change. I figure they're just in it to sell the software, and the more you have to log in the more you see the main page. Which is fine with me. In fact, I'd happily buy the software if it weren't Windows-only.
__________________
Amy

Mini-goal #6:



Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 01:32 PM   #4
LLV
Senior Member
 
LLV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 3,509

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko View Post
No, it does that to me also. I would think the site would remember you for atleast an hour, but it doesn't. I guess we can't expect perfection for free.

I'm more ticked off that the calorie count/carbs for sugar-free jam is skewed. I suppose that's a picky complaint too. lol
Some of the calorie counts are definitely weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Burns me too. I emailed them about it requesting a change to keep you logged in, no reply and no change. I figure they're just in it to sell the software, and the more you have to log in the more you see the main page. Which is fine with me. In fact, I'd happily buy the software if it weren't Windows-only.
I bought it. I hate it.

I went back to using the online version.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:06 PM   #5
Mel
Senior Member
 
Mel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 6,963

Default

Why do you hate it? I keep thinking about buying it, but having to retype all my custom foods puts me off.

Mel
__________________
Falling down is not failure....Failure is staying down.
Save the Earth, it's the only planet with chocolate and wine.

It isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.

9 years at or under goal weight! Working Maintenance Everyday
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:26 PM   #6
~~Maintainer!~~
 
jtammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 2,496

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Default

Mel, Just another point of view. I love the PC Fitday. I wished there were some way to import the custom foods, but there isn't. However, creating a custom food is sooo much easier in the PC Fitday version.
__________________
Tammy

160 lbs lost!


My progress pictures
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:03 AM   #7
LLV
Senior Member
 
LLV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 3,509

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel View Post
Why do you hate it? I keep thinking about buying it, but having to retype all my custom foods puts me off.

Mel
That was one of the reasons, but it's not a task that can't be accomplished over time. It's just a LOT of switching back and forth and putting in all of the information.

I just didn't like it. Some love it, some don't. For one, it doesn't alphabetize anything, so navigation to find a custom food is a pain in the butt. You have to just search for it because it's not going to be in alphabetical order.

That and I guess I like things plain and simple and fitday pc just had waaaaay too many extra "this and that's" for my taste. Some people, however, like a lot of extra features, so if you're one of those people, you may like it.

There are a couple of other reasons I stopped using it, but it's been so long now that I don't remember what all they are. I just didn't like the interface. And, again, finding a custom food was a royal pain. The categories were confusing and it just scrambled my mind, LOL.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:07 AM   #8
LLV
Senior Member
 
LLV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 3,509

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtammy View Post
Mel, Just another point of view. I love the PC Fitday. I wished there were some way to import the custom foods, but there isn't. However, creating a custom food is sooo much easier in the PC Fitday version.
Really? I thought it was harder. The online version, to me, is so much easier to mess with. I got fitday and spent 2 or 3 days entering everything and it was a pain in the patootie! I decided "oh heck with this" and went back to the online version, LOL.

So our two posts prove the theory that you never know if you'll like it or not until you try it
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:06 PM   #9
Mel
Senior Member
 
Mel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 6,963

Default

LOL, I think I'll save my money! Thanks Tammy and Linda

Mel
__________________
Falling down is not failure....Failure is staying down.
Save the Earth, it's the only planet with chocolate and wine.

It isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.

9 years at or under goal weight! Working Maintenance Everyday
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:14 PM   #10
LLV
Senior Member
 
LLV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 3,509

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel View Post
LOL, I think I'll save my money! Thanks Tammy and Linda

Mel
The one advantage I can see to having the pc version is it's something I can fall back on should fitday ever go down for long periods of time or the site closes completely.

Other than that, they can keep it. I think the online version does just fine and it's basic. I like basic things, not having to sit there for an hour trying to figure out how to use something. Which is what I did. Maybe I'm just a total idiot, but after that hour was up, I was ripping my hair out.

I can't be totally crazy because there are a few others that said they hated the pc version as well. But honestly, there are more that like it than hate it.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:51 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Mrs Quadcrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 939

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Default

I have the PC version, and I LOVE it. It doesn't matter if the foods don't go in alphabetically, you just start to type in what you're looking for and it will automatically bring up that food - no seaching required! The PC version has a lot more to it too, lots of graphs and it keeps track of everything! I think that having this program has helped me be so successful with my plan - keeps me accountable. I would buy it again at twice the price for what I get from it.
__________________
"wrap your brain around the idea that this is for the rest of your life" (thanks Jillybean!)


Christmas Gift Goal - 170 pounds (which will be 100 pounds GONE!) - 17 to go!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:13 AM   #12
LLV
Senior Member
 
LLV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 3,509

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Quadcrew View Post
I have the PC version, and I LOVE it. It doesn't matter if the foods don't go in alphabetically, you just start to type in what you're looking for and it will automatically bring up that food - no seaching required! The PC version has a lot more to it too, lots of graphs and it keeps track of everything! I think that having this program has helped me be so successful with my plan - keeps me accountable. I would buy it again at twice the price for what I get from it.
I wouldn't make a very good spokesperson for fitday pc, would I?

LOL

I still hate it. But it's kind of like asparagus...... some people like it, some people don't. It's definitely something you have to try to decide for yourself. I just find the online version so much easier to use.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:16 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2