3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Oatmeal Pancakes (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/106246-oatmeal-pancakes.html)

chrissyk 03-04-2007 10:47 AM

Oatmeal Pancakes

Morning, I just had to share this FABULOUS recipe that I tried this morning. Of course, you can modify it however you choose -- fruit would be fab, but I made the recipe as follows and it was so filling :)

I'd love to hear what else you guys are doing with oatmeal !!!

Ingredients:
1/3 cup regular oats (not instant or steel cut)
2 egg whites
1 tbsp. nonfat milk
1 tbsp. fat-free cottage cheese
1 tbsp. flour (I used whole wheat)
2 tbsp. water
Dash of cinnamon

Directions:
Combine all ingredients and stir until well mixed. In a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray, drop batter into pan to form 3 pancakes (or 1 big pancake). Once pancakes begin to look solid (about 3 minutes), gently flip (if possible, re-spritz the pan with nonstick spray as you flip 'em to prevent sticking). Cook for approximately 3 additional minutes, or until both sides are lightly browned and insides are cooked through.

Serving Size: Entire recipe
Calories: 177
Fat: 2g
Carbs: 27g
Protein: 12g

chrissyk 03-04-2007 01:12 PM

OK, I feel a little funny replying to my own post, but I had to update you on these pancakes.

I ate them over 3 hours ago and am still not hungry. Now, normally, I eat every 2-3 hours, so I am very pleasantly surprised that they have "stuck" with me for this long :)

Oh happy day to you all !!

sweet_talker 03-04-2007 01:16 PM

sounds tasty....i'm hungry for breakfast now :p

bethel 03-04-2007 02:46 PM

I've been using a recipe similar to yours - but incorporating pumpkin:

1/3 cup regular oats (not quick or instant)
1/2 cup egg whites
1 tbsp. fat-free cottage cheese
2 tbsp. canned pure pumpkin
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 packets of Splenda

Blend all ingredients together with a hand mixer or blender. Spray your pan with nonstick spray and cook on medium/high heat until bubbly. Then flip your giant pancake and finish it off until golden brown. Top with sugar-free syrup. The entire recipe (minus the syrup) has just 190 calories and 2g of fat.

This make a HUGE pancake - I prefer to make 2 pancakes out of it (easier to flip). I put some butter spray and no-sugar syrup on it - and it keeps me full for hours.

elisa822 03-05-2007 02:02 PM

And I was coming here to say that I finally made the cottage cheese pancakes that I heard so much about. Basically the same recipe, if a little simpler:

1/3 cup cottage cheese
1/3 cup egg whites
1/3 cup oats
splenda/vanilla to taste
Blend until smooth

I made about 6 small pancakes and had them with a very small amount of light syrup and they were so good! I had heard good things but I was still pleasantly suprised!

:D