Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 02-16-2007, 03:51 AM   #1  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Default Peanut Butter Recall

I saw on TV tonite that Peter Pan and Great Value have both recalled peanut butter purchased after May 30th with the numbers starting 2111 on the top of the jar. I didn't see where this topic had been posted yet. I checked my jar and it was one of these. Salmonella poisoning is possible with this PB. Signs of the illness are vomiting, diarrhea and stomach cramps according to the news report.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 10:22 AM   #2  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
I saw on TV tonite that Peter Pan and Great Value have both recalled peanut butter purchased after May 30th with the numbers starting 2111 on the top of the jar. I didn't see where this topic had been posted yet. I checked my jar and it was one of these. Salmonella poisoning is possible with this PB. Signs of the illness are vomiting, diarrhea and stomach cramps according to the news report.
Yeah, I had a jar of it too and threw it away. Except it was already just about gone. I rarely eat peanut butter, but my son eats a lot of it. He hasn't been sick, though.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 10:33 AM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Mine had that lot number on it too and me and my DD had ate almost half the jar and we have not been sick from it either. I tried to delete this as I noticed on Whole Foods thread it was a duplicate thread. I don't know why I couldn't totally delete it.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 11:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/207/135

Height: 5'6

I had two jars with those numbers and both were half gone.
athenac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 12:04 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I just tossed out a jar of Peter Pan Reduced Fat with the number 2111 on the top. Like everyone else it was 3/4 of the way gone but I haven't had any signs of sickness but I haven't eaten it since November.

If you want to get a refund here is the link:
http://media.conagrafoods.com/phoeni...147&highlight=

Last edited by RememberHowToSmile; 02-18-2007 at 12:04 PM.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 11:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 280/241/150

Height: 5'5"

I had 2 jars of it in my pantry- one peter pan and one great value and somehow or another they were both open... actually i think mom brought one home with her after a trip.... anyway... they are in the trash now... the odd thing is, I've been having a lot of stomach problems- diahrrea, vomiting, pain, bloating... been testing for gall bladder problems, had an EGD with biopsy... i go back to the doctor tomorrow and may ask about it..... but the biopsy from the egd did not show a bacterial infection.... hmmmmmm
RebaR is offline   Reply With Quote