Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 02-02-2007, 02:19 PM   #1  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Default Z-Trim - I got my samples today

They included a ton of information in the packet. Did you know that they are certified kosher pareve? I'm not Jewish but I think they have to have strict processes in order to receive that certification. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

It mentions powder, emulsion as well as gel.

If you use this, which one did you get?

Depending on how the oatmail raisin cookie, fudge brownie and chocolate chip cookie tastes, I'll probably order it when I get home and can use my virtual account number.

I've sent an email to the company asking for the nutritional info on these samples. There is absolutely nothing on the little packages. Also, unless I missed it in all this stuff, I can't find any nutritional info on the replacements.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:22 PM   #2  
prepare for the BEST time

Oreos are also Kosher Parve.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 03:00 PM   #3  
it's always something

It has zero calories

One tablespoon of prepared z trim has 20mg sodium and 0.6 grams carb which is fiber. Zero everything else.

I have the powder and the prepared gel and will test them both out this weekend. They recommend replacing 25% of the fat with the gel at first, to see how well it works in your individual recipe. Some recipes can use as much as a 50% replacement. It's not intended to fully replace fat, but just to partially replace it, and reduce overall calories without affecting the end product.

I think this is a good excuse to make brownies
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 04:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I didn't know they had samples that they send out.....I bought 3 jars of the gel. But I have to say I'm quite happy with it and will most likely buy more. If only it was sold locally--the shipping was more than the product.

I did like the fact that they sent out a huge email list of new recipes specifically geared toward Super bowl! Makes me wonder if they'll do that for holidays as well.

I, too, will be making my favorite dip this weekend using Z Trim instead of full cream cheese. We'll see if anyone can really tell the difference. I'm also substituting Morning Star Farm crumbles (a TVP product) for the sausage in the dip. Guess I ought to check the calorie and fat difference between the real recipe and the makeover recipe.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:21 PM   #5  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

How long did it take to get to you? I'm thinking about ordering the gel and the powder.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I ordered it on a Thursday and it was shipped Fed Ex ground (or was it ups?) and it was scheduled to arrive on Tuesday, but actually came on Monday. So that's pretty fast.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote