Z Trim

You're on Page 7 of 10
Go to
  • Quote: someone let me know if you try it for frozen yogurt or ice cream please.
    It would have to be melted down, mixed real well, then refrozen. Worth a try, though.
  • I've thought about using it for ice cream or frozen yogurt - seems like it would work best for homemade ice cream. Problem is I don't have an ice cream maker! Maybe we should write to Ben & Jerry's or Haagen Daas and ask them to make an ice cream with it!
  • Next time I have ice cream, I'll melt it down, refreeze it and let you know how it is. It will be awhile, though, as I don't eat too much of it.
  • It'd have to be a homemade ice cream recipe. If you melt a prepared ice cream down, it loses most of its texture - you'd have to refreeze it, at the least, in an ice cream maker to get the texture right.
  • I had it for the 1st time today, made a bit of a boo boo with amt, I wanted 1 tbs of mayo so I was going to add 1/2 tbs Mayo with 1/2 tbs Ztrim

GBoofed up and did 1 tbs of mayo mixed with 1 tbs of ZTrim, lol. Oh brother, I put it on my sandwiche and realized I had 2 tbs of the mayo mixture on it!
    Nice and creamy tho!!

I had a stomachache right after eating my sandwich, though. Was it the Z Trim? Anyone else get a stomach ache?

I have a sensitive stomach, so it could have been anything really. I'll try again at dinner or maybe wait till tommorrow and try Ztrim in something else.
  • I haven't gotten a tummy ache or anything else from using the Z-Trim but I don't have a sensitive tummy. Oh, that's a lot of mayo on your sandwich!!!
  • Lol, I know! I didn't even realize how much I made til after I finished the sandwich!
    My stomach was "iffy" all evening so it might have just been me.
    I'll be making the sammich again today - WITH the proper amt of may, so we'll find out.
  • Well I ate it again today and no stomach ache, so it was just a touchy stomach yesterday!

I want to make some muffins using spice cake mix and pumpkin, the WW recipe. I've made them before and they were good, but kinda lumpy and very small.
    Only 97 calories, so I shouldn't complain.....too much!

If I added ztrim, would it make them a bit bigger and moister maybe?
  • what is the recipe? do they call for baking powder or baking soda?
  • I made the Lipton Onion Soup mix Roasted potatoes recipe tonight. I used two tablespoons of olive oil and two tablespoons of Z Trim, and they tasted awesome. I served it with Chipotle chicken- total calories for the meal was 404.
  • If you want to make homemade ice cream without an ice cream maker, you put all your ingredients in a quart-sized ziplock bag, seal it up, and put that inside a gallon-sized (or bigger) ziplock. In the gallon bag, add ice and rock salt. Then you zip that closed, and start shaking! In a little while you'll have ice cream. (It comes out about the consistency of soft-serve).

When you take out the inner bag, be sure to rinse it in cold water so you don't wind up with a salty taste. If you like your ice cream to be very hard, put the bag of finished ice cream in the freezer for a while.

I do hope someone tries this with Z-trim. I'd like to know the results!
  • Today I made a tunafish melt- a whole can of tuna, with one tablespoon of light mayo, one tablespoon of Z Trim, lettuce, Kraft 2% cheese and a Joseph's wrap that is 100 calories for a long wrap. Tasted great.
  • hmm...I have to say I'm a bit disappointed by z trim.
    I tried it on veg dip and it was good, but the savings of calories was only 20, not worth the cost of ztrim.

I tried it on my popcorn 1 tbs mixed with 1 tbs butter, and all I got was gloppy butter.
    I tried melting it with my Better Than Peanut Butter and it turned it really weird.
    I am already used to using light mayo on sandwiches, and fat free cream sauces, so I'm a bit puzzled about when I would use it now that I have it.
    It doesn't seem to be too cost effective just to save 20 calories on veggie dip.
  • Quote: hmm...I have to say I'm a bit disappointed by z trim.
    I tried it on veg dip and it was good, but the savings of calories was only 20, not worth the cost of ztrim.

I tried it on my popcorn 1 tbs mixed with 1 tbs butter, and all I got was gloppy butter.
    I tried melting it with my Better Than Peanut Butter and it turned it really weird.
    I am already used to using light mayo on sandwiches, and fat free cream sauces, so I'm a bit puzzled about when I would use it now that I have it.
    It doesn't seem to be too cost effective just to save 20 calories on veggie dip.
    Steelslady has made some excellent suggestions.
  • aschenbrodel, I had some of the same questions you do. I already eat mostly low fat products. The Z-Trim website says that it's best use is to get the flavor of a full fat product while cutting calories/fat. But I'm already adjusted to low fat and don't really want full fat things.

I've still found Z-trim useful in recipes. For example, I make a whole grain rice dish that calls for 2 tsp of olive oil. I cut back on the oil and replace most with Z-Trim. It turns out even better! It's a little juicier/creamier with Z-Trim. I also use it as an extender. So if my meal plan calls for 1/2 T of low fat mayo on my sandwich, I might add some Z-Trim and make it a full tablespoon. It works really well to extend light sour cream. I've also been using it to replace some of the full fat foods I eat. So, I like real whole eggs some mornings ... I replace some of them with Z-Trim. My downfall is delicious full-fat cheeses. I've been experimenting with turning them into a cheese sauce and adding Z-Trim for part of it. I'm not sure yet that Z-Trim is fully worth the price and will become a staple of my diet, but I'm enjoying experimenting with it.