Z Trim

You're on Page 3 of 10
Go to
  • Quote: This sounded so great I decided to check out the website and try a bottle. I'm in the Netherlands, so I thought, yes, I'd have to pay more for shipping... imagine my surprise when I see they only ship with DHL overseas! I would have to pay a MINIMUM of $68 to get 1 $5 bottle shipped to me! No thank you!!

Don't understand why they can't put it in a box and just ship it with the post office!
    Even shipping via DHL here in the US cost more than the product!
  • This is very interesting. I would like to try it. Has anyone found it locally?

Has anyone tried mixing it with peanut butter, or seen any instructions for doing that? That is probably the thing I would most like to use it for.
  • Quote: This is very interesting. I would like to try it. Has anyone found it locally?

Has anyone tried mixing it with peanut butter, or seen any instructions for doing that? That is probably the thing I would most like to use it for.
    I've never seen it in a store. I wish I could--it would save on the shipping cost.
  • Quote: This is very interesting. I would like to try it. Has anyone found it locally?

The rep from the company told me it's not available in stores, but they're working on it.

I hadn't even thought of mixing it with peanut butter. I have a little fresh from Whole Foods, I'll try mixing some this week.

alinnell - I am going to PM you for the recipes as I'm interested in the chili proportions and when to add it, etc.

Since you can add it to chili I'm wondering if you could add it to pasta sauces, thick soups or pestos.
    TIA

Any more ideas??
  • Thanks, Valentina, I would love to know how it works with peanut butter. If I could eat twice as much natural peanut butter for half the calories (and have it taste and feel the same) I would be interested in trying it for that reason alone.
  • Too bad it has soy (I rather agree with the Weston A Price folks on soy). I really try to minimize my consumption of that. Does it give a breakdown of how much soy is in it, grams or anything?
  • Quote: Too bad it has soy (I rather agree with the Weston A Price folks on soy). I really try to minimize my consumption of that. Does it give a breakdown of how much soy is in it, grams or anything?
    There's no soy. From the website:

"As produced and marketed today, Z Trim is an insoluble fiber made from corn and oat. "

there's nothing else in it.
  • I think the confusion is because Dr Oz said in You on a Diet that z-trim was made from ingredients such as oats, soy, rice, and barley. Perhaps they were working with outdated info?
  • Quote: Water and the bran of corn, oats and soybeans (I think).
    I was going by that when I made my soy comment. It'll check it out if it is indeed soy-free.
  • Quote: Even shipping via DHL here in the US cost more than the product!
    They use UPS now. Remember, I was the one that had to get nasty with DHL because they had it sitting in their warehouse in my town! I complained to the Z Trim people and they sent me an email stating that they now use UPS because of so many complaints.

Peanut butter! Never thought of that!

Did someone say they mixed it with butter? I like to saute certain foods and Smart Balance doesn't cut it. I don't want to use olive oil all the time either. Would I just cream some of it with the butter?

Do you necessarily have to mix the powder with water or other liquids? I was thinking of trying it instead of a touch of Wondra when I want to have a light sauce.
  • Quote: This sounded so great I decided to check out the website and try a bottle. I'm in the Netherlands, so I thought, yes, I'd have to pay more for shipping... imagine my surprise when I see they only ship with DHL overseas! I would have to pay a MINIMUM of $68 to get 1 $5 bottle shipped to me! No thank you!!

Don't understand why they can't put it in a box and just ship it with the post office!
    Do you know someone here who can get it and ship it to you?
  • Quote: They use UPS now. Remember, I was the one that had to get nasty with DHL because they had it sitting in their warehouse in my town! I complained to the Z Trim people and they sent me an email stating that they now use UPS because of so many complaints.

Did someone say they mixed it with butter? I like to saute certain foods and Smart Balance doesn't cut it. I don't want to use olive oil all the time either. Would I just cream some of it with the butter?

Do you necessarily have to mix the powder with water or other liquids? I was thinking of trying it instead of a touch of Wondra when I want to have a light sauce.
    I have not mixed it with butter and then used the butter--like to butter toast, but I have mixed it 1/2 and 1/2 with butter when making cookies. The cookies were not compromised at all. They turned out perfect.
  • double post
  • Quote: They use UPS now. Remember, I was the one that had to get nasty with DHL because they had it sitting in their warehouse in my town! I complained to the Z Trim people and they sent me an email stating that they now use UPS because of so many complaints.

I ordered mine on friday at 4:30 PM and it was delivered on Monday afternoon - I'm NOT near their whse.

You can mix it with butter. Here's the recipe from Ztrim.

2 sticks of butter

4-8 TBS Ztrim Gel

In a bowl, whip Ztrim and butter together with electric mixer until well blended. You may use a whisk if butter is soft.

Refrigerate. Use as you would your regular butter.

------------------------------------------

I haven't made the butter yet but I'm going to do it this week. I use Breakstone Whipped Regular Butter (comes in a small tub). I use it because I grew up on it and like it and it's texture, since it's whipped it's not light like traditional margarine type spreads, but it's lighter than regular butter and it's only 60 calories per TBS. I'll report back after I try it

The rep at the company said to use an electric mixer like you would make a cake with and she told me it's better used with butters and margarine and not great with olive oil.

BTW - if you use a non stick pan and get one of those silicone "brushes" they sell in dept and specialty stores - you can put a very very small amount of butter or olive oil in the pan and smear it around with that silicone brush and get all areas of the pan. It looks like a pastry brush but instead of regular bristles, they're made of silicone and you can put it in the dishwasher. You can also use them for basting. I use it all the time because Pam will ruin the surface of most non stick pans and I really don't like cooking with it, I only use it when I'm using the oven or toaster oven to coat some tin foil.

You can try coating something with it but the powder has a very light light texture - it almost blows around when you open the lid of the jar, hard to describe but I'm not sure how it would coat something instead of flour - you could try it with a small piece of something.

The recipe booklet and folder they sent me also included ways to incorporate it in baked goods and many other things. I'll see if I can get it online and post it because it also suggests that sometimes you blend it with skim milk.
  • ZTrim
    I really want to order this product. Sounds like the powder is the way to go.....am I correct? Do you think the kit with the DVD is necessary?
    Thanks.