Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 01-05-2007, 08:19 PM   #1  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Default My Newest Favorite Breakfast

Hi All!

I'm a huge oatmeal fan and usually have mine most every morning with some milk and Splenda and sometimes with some fruit in it. This morning I found that we were without milk! Yikes! I don't like my oatmeal without at least SOME milk on it!

I had already put my oatmeal in the microwave to cook, so I checked out what else was in the fridge to add to it. Would fat-free Yoplait Boston Cream Pie yogurt make the grade? How about that AND sliced fresh strawberries? I also had some Smuckers sugar-free strawberry jam. At just 20 calories for two tablespoons, I decided to go for it!

Well, I will tell you...for just 285 calories it tasted PHENOMENAL!!! It was satisfying, and I got in my calcium without the fat just like when I add my skim milk to it. The fresh strawberries were wonderful and made plenty sweet thanks to the Splenda of the strawberry jam.

I LOVE this breakfast and thought I would share my story. I'm now glad we WERE out of milk this morning!

BTW...Yoplait Boston Cream Pie Fat-free yogurt is a very creamy vanilla tasting treat. I don't taste any chocolate in it, so it is just perfect with the oatmeal and the strawberries.

I hope you try it! I think you will LOVE it!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 03:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

I usually have my oatmeal with a tbsp of reduced fat peanut butter in it, maybe some sliced bananas or a tsp of sunflower seeds. but this sounds interesting, will give it a try, thanks for sharing!
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 11:32 AM   #3  

Sounds like an awesome breakfast. If I can find the boston creme pie yogurt, I'll definitely give it a try. Thanks for the tip.
ChadsMate is offline   Reply With Quote