Laughing Cow Cheese

• My sweetheart of a sister bought me 'Laughing Cow Cheese' yesterday bc she knew I wanted to try it. She also bought me 'Ritz Reduced Fat Crackers' to eat with the cheese. 5 of the crackers of 70 calories---is this a good snack? If you guys eat the cheese, is it good? What do you eat it with?
  • Oooh I just clipped the coupon for those yesterday -- which kind of laughing cow cheese did you get (they have the Babybel mini wheels, the little cubes & the spreadable wedges) the wheels and cubes are fine on their own or with a little bit of cracker/bread, the wedge is good for spreading (I'd probably pick a whole wheat cracker over Ritz though)
  • I think that the wedges are delicious. You can also melt one or two of the wedges into a thing of chopped frozen spinach and use that as a spread on crackers or as a sandwich spread.
  • I would recommend the Laughing Cow Light Cheese (light original) and serve it on whole wheat crackers (like Triscuits or Trader Joe's brand). I haven't read the label on the reduced fat Ritz, but I know woven wheat crackers are nothing but 100% whole wheat and a little oil (not partially hydrogenated oil~that's a trans fat).
  • Do you know I have never found that stuff? (the cheese, I mean)

But that's no biggie, I don't like cheese very much anyway. My only 'cheese weakness' is swiss. I buy the Sargento reduced-fat swiss and use it in my pita sandwiches.
  • Quote: Do you know I have never found that stuff? (the cheese, I mean)
    Most grocery stores have Laughing Cow cheese near the cream cheese and the Baby Bel cheese. They come in a round cardboard disk a little smaller than a CD (and much thicker of course!).
  • Linda,
    If you anr in Michigan (guessing, by your love for U of M). Meijers carry it and it is in the coolers near the deli at most of their stores.

GO BLUE !!
  • Costco carries it in MD. That is usually where I buy it.
  • I like to eat it on wheat toast or a plain mini bagel for breakfast. It's also really good if you put some sliced canadian bacon (or thin sliced deli ham) w/ 1 wedge of laughing cow into a boneless chicken breast and lightly coat it in Shake N Bake. Just beat the chicken thinner and roll it all up. I use toothpicks to hold it all together. Then just cook it in the oven at about 350 untill it gets lightly brown and clear juice is running out of the chicken. I love it that way.
  • I've searched everywhere inside my store and haven't found it at all.

Oh well!

And to Sharon, not in Michigan - I'm in Ohio, hahahaha.

Yes, there are Michigan fans in Ohio
  • I love the reduced fat Laughing Cow cheese. mmm I put mine on celery it is actually the only way I will eat raw celery and it is so good