Old 12-01-2006, 12:30 AM   #1  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Talking WATP ~~ December Daily Check In...

Hello all you beautiful walkers! This is the thread for people who use Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds! Feel free to stop by and report your walks and progress toward your goals! Or if you just want to ask a question, we're here for you!

WALK, WALK, WALK!!!!!
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 12:34 AM   #2  

Hi Ladies -- I'm hoping to get in some WATP with all of you during December, but I'm not setting any certain goal, because I still don't know what I can handle. I'm still just having a down time and the holidays are a very hard time right now. All of you are doing so good -- GREAT JOB!!!
Old 12-01-2006, 01:57 PM   #3  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Michelle, keep on trying. Never give up and remember the exercising does help with the moods. Also, you might want to try a light therapy during this time of the year since we're having gray, icky days. I'm sure that isn't helping with dealing with your loss. I have an Apollo Go-Lite and I swear by it during the dark months. Between it and exercising, I've totally gotten of all psychiatric drugs.

I did 1 mile walk, 2 miles jogging and the walk and kick before work. I'm going through a "I don't feel like it" period. I still push myself but I wish it would let up. It started at the beginning of the week and is still hard to get up. It might be a side effect of having a 5 day break over Thanksgiving and now I have to get up early again. Oh well, two more weeks and it's Christmas vacation. Then I get 2 weeks off. I am SO looking forward to that!!!!
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 09:28 PM   #4  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

Good evening, everyone! Today I became the parent of a teenage girl!!! I'm not quite sure where 13 years went, but it sure flew! I CAN'T be old enough to have a child who's 13!!!

Anyway.....This evening I did the 2 mile abs workout. Tomorrow, I will do another 2 or 3 miles AND some shopping. Sunday will probably be more of the same! It's a never-ending cycle with me in December. We live 40 minutes from a major town, so I can't go after work very easily. So I spend every weekend in December shopping!

Hope everyone has a nice weekend! Think kind thoughts for me!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 10:46 AM   #5  
Lifelong Journey Member

Michele, for me to really find a town for shopping, I have to drive 77 miles (over a snowy mountain pass) so I do it about 2X during the season. Next Saturday is the 2nd trip. I'm mostly done but we changed what we're ging DH so my gift is going to be saved for his birthday or our anniversary (a new wedding band since he lost his about 21 years ago at the laundry mat). We're (myself, both DSs and DGS's mom) going to get him the expensive winch at Costco. But he will really like it. Yesterday DH and I bought a plow for our Durango because DH's heart problem has made snow shoveling too hard as he's gotten older. After Tuesday's shoveling of out hilly driveway, he said enough. It's being shipped on Monday. Eeks $1400 at Christmas time was a bit off the budget but well worth it if it keeps him healthy. Now he'll just have to shovel the front walk and it's short.

Okay, back to the exercise topic - I jogged 3 miles this morning with Leslie. This afternoon I will take Blizzie out for her walk. In 2.5 hours donkey dog (Kody) and I start school for teaching him how to walk on a leash. It's a doggie day.

Michele, wish your daughter happy birthday from us!!!
Marie
Old 12-02-2006, 06:13 PM   #6  

Hi Ladies -- I just wanted to say that we're so happy, because my younger DD received her acceptance letter in the mail today for her first choice college that we did the tour at last month. She was accepted in their Nursing program for Fall 2007, and there are only about 100 people that they accept each year for the Nursing program. This college is a private Catholic college, and it's so nice. She has taken all AP and Honors classes throughout high school, and her gpa right now is 3.94, and we're so proud of her. She is also on her fourth year of Spanish in high school, and she's going to keep taking it through college also. I just wanted to share this with everyone!
Old 12-02-2006, 09:01 PM   #7  
Lifelong Journey Member

Michelle, that is great news!!! You all have deserved some. Enjoy the celebration!
Marie
Old 12-02-2006, 09:13 PM   #8  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

Congratulations to your daughter, Michelle!

I was shopping ALL day today and came home with very little. Then, I changed into my workout clothes and did the 2 mile with the 2 pound soft weights! I'm sitting at almost 14000 steps! Hopefully, tomorrow will be more fruitful as far as the gift shopping is concerned! I'll check the ads in the morning and then head out around lunchtime. Hopefully, I'll be home for supper (we had Subway and Arby's today--uh-oh!)

Have a great remainder of the weekend!

Michele
Old 12-02-2006, 09:25 PM   #9  

Thank you Marie & Michele for the kind words! We are so happy for her too! Michele, I don't envy you with the Christmas shopping. I went out the two days after Thanksgiving and got all but two gifts bought, and they're all wrapped. Last year I waited to finish until right before Christmas, and it was horrible, so I got an early start this year.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:41 PM   #10  
Lifelong Journey Member

Morning chickie walkers. I rode the exercycle 6 miles this morning and will take the doggies walking for a couple miles later this afternoon. Kodiak did great at the private training yesterday. Afterwards we walked the 2 mile block and he didn't pull me at all. Just a couple corrections but that was it. It was SO nice. We're going to have another training on the 18th.

We're taking DGX to see Santa at the base (military) children's Christmas party. Unless of course DS and his GF don't get ready soon. For now I've been doing work from home and watching the Vikings and Packers get demolished by their oppenents.
Marie
Old 12-03-2006, 02:51 PM   #11  

Hi everyone! Let's see, Friday I did the Power Mile with weights followed by some Power Yoga again, on Saturday I did half an hour of walking and the Walk and Kick DVD, and today I did a short Power Yoga practice
CurlyGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 09:01 PM   #12  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

Good evening, all! After another FULL day of shopping, I should be tired, but I still did the 2 mile Express tonight! Had hoped for a longer workout sometime this weekend, but shopping took more of my time than I had wanted. We made some progress, but I'm still nowhere near done!

Hope everyone has had a great weekend!

Michele
Old 12-03-2006, 09:37 PM   #13  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi guys, Exercise has been sporadic so far this month.
13 minutes at lunch on Friday
35 minutes (2 miles) at the walking track yesterday.

Today was a day off.

Michelle, Congrats to your DD. Yes, you guys certainly need some good news now.

I haven't started my Christmas shopping yet. I have got to get in gear very quickly. I'm going to try to do some online shopping either Monday or Tuesday night. (just 3 weeks til Christmas )
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 07:59 AM   #14  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

Good morning, walkers! I got my rear in gear and did the 3 mile abs workout from the 5 mile DVD this morning! Hoping for another mile or 2, but I have a Spain meeting tonight, so I'm not sure if/when it could happen.

Keep walking!

Michele
Old 12-04-2006, 08:06 AM   #15  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi,

I did the 3 miles with stretchie band from the 5 mile DVD. (35 minutes)
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote