Old 12-11-2006, 05:51 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 275/245/145

Height: 5'4"

Thank you Michelle. The holidays are very hard. I think what's kept me going is the kids. And my bil loved his nieces and nephews so much. He didn't have kids of his own so he'd want things to go on as normally as possible. I hope you can find some warm memories of your mom to help ease things just a tiny, tiny bit. The first couple of years of anniversaries and holidays are really difficult after a loss.
hoosiermomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:44 PM   #47  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Welcome back Karen. I definitely agree with Michelle - don't let anyone tell you a timeline or how you feel. How you feel is how you feel - not how they feel. I'm betting you BIL is so proud of the changes you made with the weightloss so far and wants you to continue. But do it in your own sweet time because the last thing you need is to hate working out. You'd never make it all the way back.

I'm wishing you both (Karen and Michelle) a peaceful holiday season during your mourning.
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:49 PM   #48  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

KAREN...Thank you for your kind words.

MARIE...Thank you also, and you're such a kind sweet lady.
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:11 PM   #49  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Thanks Marie, That's great information. I'm playing with Magic DVD Ripper now.

Welcome sistahmaryisis from a fellow Mississippian!

Karen, welcome back. I'm glad you're feeling up to joining us again. I agree with everyone, just do what you feel ready to do. We'll be here as you feel ready.

Michelle It's good to see you around sweetie. How's it going with you?

I was a little lazy today. I did a mile from the 5 mile dvd and some resistance training this morning (20 minutes), then did a Cathe Friedrich stretching video that I recorded from fittv (22 minutes). I've recorded some of her weight training episodes and the one this morning just happened to be a stretching one, and it's okay. Not a great fat-burning session, but something to help with flexibility instead.

Have a great night.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:48 AM   #50  

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome back Did another short workout today. The muscle mile one. Didn't use any weights. I can't believe how much I can feel just yesterday's workout in my hips!! Not bad or uncomfortable, just can feel the muscles got worked yesterday as I'm doing the workout today. Don't ever let anyone tell you WATP isn't a good workout! LOL
Old 12-12-2006, 11:20 AM   #51  
Lifelong Journey Member

Karen, occasionally I've thought that the workouts weren't "work-outs" but then I do something else for a while and I realize that they are. Your body just gets used to them. Glad to see you went for a nother workout (and that your 5 miler works).

I did another 10 miles on the exercycle. I think that I'll burn out on that eventually, but it's so peaceful pedalling in the dark next to the twinkling lights on the Christmas tree. Doesn't hurt that i'm almost done listening to Dear John (Nicholas Sparks) and I want to hear the rest. I should actually be done this evening.
Marie
Old 12-12-2006, 02:04 PM   #52  
In Search of Satisfaction

S/C/G: 190/187/160

Height: 5'7

hi JTammy . . . good to see another Mississippian on board for weightloss I get tired of hearing how we are the "fat" state! I did my WATP Super Fat Burning 3 mile yesterday without the weights (I use 3lb handhelds sometimes). I have a question for those who use weights on WATP . . . do you use them on your rest days after strenght training or do you just go through the motions on days like that. I was wondering if it were too much of a strain to do weightraining one day then do WATP with light weights the next. What do you guys think?
sistahmaryisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 03:00 PM   #53  

Quickly jumping online to catch up- I hope you are all doing OK

Friday- Power Yoga and Power Mile DVD with weights, plus outdoor walking
Saturday- outdoor walking
Sunday- day off.... much needed!
Monday- Power Yoga and the Power Mile DVD with weights, with some more Yoga in the evening
Today- Power Yoga and the Power Mile DVD with weights, plus another gentler Yoga practice on waking

Think I remembered everything there! Take care everyone
CurlyGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 07:27 AM   #54  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

Well, my energy is getting sapped by DH, who is snoring worse than ever before due to a cold! I nudge and push at him off and on all night, which disrupts MY sleep. Then in the morning, I just DON'T want to get up. That means my workout is at the end of the day, which generally means it is shorter!

Last night I only managed to do the 1 mile with 2 pound weights. This morning, I just couldn't get up, so I'll have to make the time for something later.

Sorry to vent!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 10:26 AM   #55  

Did the 2 mile express with the stretchie band this morning. Worked up a good sweat and felt good
Old 12-13-2006, 04:09 PM   #56  
Lifelong Journey Member

sistah, I think you're okay doing the 3 pounds weights more often as they are more a toning weight than a strength training. JMHO...

I did 3 miles jogging this morning and will do 2 miles walking the doggies this afternoon. It's my day to get off an hour early and even though it's raining I will be going. I think a hot mocha afterwards would be very deserved.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:25 PM   #57  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

I did the 2 mile Express tonight while the kids were at AWANA. I'm a bit behind on my goal for December, but it's still doable! I just have to regain some energy!

Have a good one!

Michele
Old 12-14-2006, 08:22 AM   #58  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi ladies,

After taking off from exercise for two days, I'm back on board. I just really felt like I needed to catch up on sleep and I'm better for it now. I did the two fast miles from the 5 mile DVD, and some stretching afterwards - 25 minutes.

Sistah - At least you and I are doing our part to remove MS from the "fattest state" designation. I usually continue to use the weights when walking, although if UB is particularly sore, I may back down to the 2 lb weights.

Edited to add: ten minutes on the power rider tonight.

Last edited by jtammy; 12-14-2006 at 10:47 PM.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 09:02 AM   #59  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

Good morning! This morning I did the 3 mile Abs workout! It's been awhile since I did more than 1 or 2 miles, so it was harder, but felt GREAT!

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Michele
Old 12-14-2006, 09:50 AM   #60  
In Search of Satisfaction

S/C/G: 190/187/160

Height: 5'7

Yesterday I did Walk Away The Pounds Super Fat Burning 3 miles starting at the weights . . .going to the end . . . the reason I only did some of it was because my TurboJam set was delivered yesterday and I did the Learn and Burn Portion of it which was 25 minutes. . .also the 20 minute workout and 10 minutes of the standing ab work . . . Who knew I'd ever WANT to do this much exercising . . .
sistahmaryisis is offline   Reply With Quote