Old 04-02-2007, 11:58 PM   #121  

Thank you. I am going to take a look at that link now. I did it this morning and did the back kick really slow--more deliberate--and my back is fine today. Only a tiny bit stiff but nothing like before.

I want to see the link so I can do it right. I read a lot of the posts Rachelle and saw that you do the burn and learn every now and then. I think I will do it in the morning to make sure I am tucked correctly. I am really bad at TJ!! They shake it and look so good. I shake it and just look akward. Oh well, akward burns calories too!!

Thanks for your help!

Gina
GinaXOXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 07:49 AM   #122  
MEL

S/C/G: 175/175/130

Height: 5'2

Default Wow

I did the Learn and Burn yesterday and I am feeling it today. My upper body is so sore. I was going to do it again today, but I am not sure if I should. Do you think it is ok to do it again today?
par12199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:04 AM   #123  

LOL Gina - I did Cardio Party last night and my tuck isn't the same as the way they do it either! Course, I have a big belly so maybe that is why???!!!!! If someone saw me do TJ and then watched the TV, they would have a good laugh. I still have fun though so that is the most important thing. I'm glad it was better today - but do check out the link and BB forums - it could be something else and I wouldn't want you to injury yourself!!!!!

Rachelle
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 02:53 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 135

Height: 5f 2"

Hey all.... i was a bit confused on TJ and Firm but after ready all your awesome comments on TJ.... i am definitely going for it

Cant wait to start jammin like all you u !!!!! thank you for motivating me ladies!

I can see a deal for 19.95 x 3 + shipping on beach body..... Is there any other deal available??
cheetos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:35 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 135

Height: 5f 2"

Yeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhh..... i ordered my turbo jam today cant wait to start off with it first thing next week!!!!

par12199 i am joining ur league soon
We can motivate each other to stick with it!
cheetos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:45 PM   #126  
MEL

cheetos--

I have only done the learn & burn and 20 min. workouts about 3xs a week. I am on my second week. They are fun and I really enjoy the workouts. Next week I will start the other ones and get to jammin.

I have a question for everyone...
How do you know how many calories you have burned from the workouts? I noticed some of you stating how many calories you have burned while working out. Please help!
Thanks!
Old 04-12-2007, 08:07 AM   #127  

Melissa, I wear a heartrate monitor - you can't use those numbers as exact calories burned but you put in your weight and age and it uses a formula. I think the Polar HRM are pretty close. I use it so I know I stay in my burning fat mode and not higher where I am in the cardiovascular mode.

HTH, Rachelle
Old 04-12-2007, 09:23 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Height: 5'7"

I really want to try turbo jam after reading the posts of people in this thread. In fact, I was gonna order it yesterday but, I've seen on the web that some people have a problem with being overcharged by beachbody. Can anyone tell me if there are alternate places to order? or explain how the beachbody ordering works? I'm a mom of 3 on a fixed income and really don't need to be insanely overcharged.
browneyedgirl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:33 PM   #129  

browneyedgirl - I've ordered on the phone and online - when I ordered HHA online, I did run into problems but I think I would go that route first - if you order on the phone, you usually get their customer service in another country. Not that that means anything but sometimes I find them hard to understand. As long as you don't say yes to anything else, you should be fine. QVC also has the Turbo Jam basic set available. It might even be cheaper and I know their customer service is great.

Good luck, I don't think it is a purchase you will be sorry about. I would never let BB CS stop me from getting a TJ workout - that is how addicted I am .

Rachelle

Last edited by RachelleS; 04-12-2007 at 05:18 PM.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:10 PM   #130  

Thank you RachelleS, I guess I will brave the waters and place an order I guess I just need to double check the fine print. Again thanks.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:23 PM   #131  
MEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedgirl77 View Post
I really want to try turbo jam after reading the posts of people in this thread. In fact, I was gonna order it yesterday but, I've seen on the web that some people have a problem with being overcharged by beachbody. Can anyone tell me if there are alternate places to order? or explain how the beachbody ordering works? I'm a mom of 3 on a fixed income and really don't need to be insanely overcharged.
I bought mine at QVC. I think it was the same as what is on Beachbody.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:29 AM   #132  

I went ahead and finally ordered TJ. I went on ebay and got a pretty good deal. Hopefully I'm getting what I'm suppose to. I'll let you all know how it goes. Thanks to everyone for the help.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:57 PM   #133  
Yup... at this AGAIN!

Hey all! I'm new and in deperate need of an honest (and unbiased) opinion. Seems like this is a great place for that!

So question is: If you had to chose between Turbo Jam and Hip Hop Abs - which would you choose?
Sask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 07:59 AM   #134  

Sask (are you from Saskatoon?) - honestly, I think it just depends on the person which one they prefer. Some will say HHA, others will say TJ. I can tell you from the ones that have been doing Turbo Jam on the boards I belong to say they like HHA and it's nice to throw in a different workout, but that they prefer Turbo Jam. Right now I'm doing T-Tapp, but after a month of that, I am adding Turbo Jam back in. And I'm actually considering selling my Hip Hop Abs although I do like the 5 minute workout. I hurt myself the last time I did it (HHA) so I'm more nervous to try it again - I think it is just too much with the way he does his tuck for my shoulder. You can always check out the forum at BB to see what others are saying - I know a lot of people like both workouts.

I was a lot of help I know! Sorry. It really is different for each person - some don't like either one.

Good luck! Rachelle
Old 04-23-2007, 07:26 PM   #135  
Yup... at this AGAIN!

Thanks Rachelle! My hubby downloaded (ssshhhh!) TJ for me last night, just so I can try. I also purchased (or attempted to...) HHA. Order never progressed to the "shipping options" or "confirm order" phase so I kept resubmitting thinking it was me doing something wrong. Eventually I looked down and saw the "you have already ordered this in the past 2 hours" note. Just great... now I'm wondering how many freakin' copies I'm going to get. They have yet to answer my deperate CANCEL NOOOOWWWWW email. Yikes. So anywho... I guess I'll see which one I like better.

Again, Thanks for the help. At this point - I just need something that's fun and inspires me to move.

P

PS - Sask is Saskatchewan. Was in S'toon, but now Regina. I do miss Saskatoon though...
Sask is offline   Reply With Quote