Old 02-16-2007, 07:00 PM   #76  
Slowly Shrinking

S/C/G: 271/157/145

Height: 5'9"

Wow, so many different posts to answer. As for my schedule, I moved rather quickly from the learn and burn to the full workouts. I had been working out for about a year by the time I started TJ, and while I was not in shape (and I'm still not), I wasn't huffing and puffing either. I actually find the 20 min one to be tougher than the cardio party for me. I don't know why, but it seems to be. I also don't do the sculpt too often. There are a lot of lunges, and I am not very good at them. My schedule varies from week to week, but I normally work out 4 nights a week. I alternate cardio and strength training, with abjam thrown in whenever I feel extra pumped after a workout. I normally try to do a strictly cardio, then strictly strength, then strictly cardio, then a mix. For the mix, I like the core workout with the ball.

As for Turboslim, I have the information, but I haven't tried it. I'm very picky about what I eat, and so the meal plan doesn't work for me. I don't eat healthy things like cottage cheese every, and I just CANNOT convince myself that a protein shake can be a meal. I'll stick to my version of healthy eating. I may not lose 10 lbs in 10 days, but I will lose it.
Christine in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 12:44 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 190/186.5/140

Height: 5'8"

Thumbs up New Here!

Hey guys - brand new here. Wanted to get in with the Turbo Jammers. I just started 3 weeks ago. So far I love TJ. I have initial 5 package and just (today) received Cardio Party3 and Punch Kick & Jam. I did CP3 tonight. Whew! Much faster than CP1 but I got most of it. 50 minutes! Tomorrow I'm looking forward to trying PK&J.

I'm 46, 5'8" and have been normal to thin most of my life (at 135 - 145 range). Past 4 or 5 years became total slacker and gained 40-45 pounds - still can't even believe that!!!?!?!?! Now I've got high cholestral and high blood pressure and am feeling decidedly chunky and middle-aged. I was always a hip, thin chick so it's been pissing me off!!!

I'm counting calories - trying to keep it 1500 or below and would like to get as close to 140 as I can by this summer. I'm trying to workout 5 nights a week - doing a rotation of TJ, Tae Bo and other kickboxing vids and step vids. (never been a good gym person). Just trying to burn as many calories as I can right now. Oh, and I quit smoking one month ago today (applause please!!!).

Anyway - that's my story. Happy to be here - you guys seem great and so many of you have had tremendous success already - very impressed!! Nice to meet you all!

Last edited by grinner; 02-17-2007 at 12:59 AM.
grinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 03:20 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 100kg/ticker/65kg

Height: 170cm

Hey everyone

I just looked up Turbo Jam on Ebay - the DVDs have Region Codes, which means it wont play on Aussie DVD players.

I was excited about it too. Never mind, i'll keep slugging away at the gym!

Kylie
Elerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 10:52 AM   #79  

hi Elerine - yes, but you can get "Pump It Up - Ultimate Dance Workouts" at Amazon UK, which we can't use here. Those got great reviews. I was looking at those before I found Turbo Jam.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:38 PM   #80  
Slowly Shrinking

S/C/G: 271/157/145

Height: 5'9"

Elerine - I love your signature and felt the same way. I was so excite when I was suddently just overweight. It was awesome. You're not the only one who just wanted to be that way!
Christine in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:10 PM   #81  
This is for me!

S/C/G: 205/205/150

Have any of y'all tried TJ Fat Blaster? I just got it on eBay.

I have been feeling like Cardio Party doesn't do a lot for me, and have been thinking about doing the Learn 'N' Burn and the 20 minute workout together so I get a total of about 40 minutes. Anyone else tried this?
kitteeglitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:23 PM   #82  

Hi Kitty - yes I did that a couple of times and liked it. good to combine those two for variety. Best of luck.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:07 AM   #83  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpie View Post
Hello all: I am new to 3FC & trying to get motivated to workout & try to eat right. I have had Turbo Jam for about 1yr. now & really haven't used it! I have moved to Florida & will need to get into my shorts soon. Any advice or a big PUSH would be awsome.
Also I got the BEAN for Christmas & haven't used it. Does it work??
I am thinking about trying WW @ home. I have done WW before & it seemed to work (for the month I did it).
Any advice would be great!
hi everyone i have turbo jam i also have the bean and if you do it with the video i think it does something my abs were hurting

i just recieved fat blaster im not sure about it yet though i want to try cardio remix anyone tried that? i may need to combine some workouts as well the only complete package i have is the one that has lower body and cp2
i have almost all of them now, cp1, cp2, 20min, turbo sculpt, kickn core bootysculpt, lower body,
i do not have learn and burn
anyway i did fat blaster for the first time and an additonal 10 minutes of cp2(not the warm up)today
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:10 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 220/220/140

Height: 5'7"

Default New To TJ

Hey Everyone....

I hope i am posting this right! I am new here and i have been reading this thread and thought i'd ask for a little help. p.s very excited to find this thread and so many people who are really enjoying TJ....it seems like it's the first thing i've found where i actually believe the people on the informercial now! lol

First a little about me i guess:

I had a baby in December and have just started to get back to working out.
I am 5'7" and about 220 lbs
I want to lose 80 lbs and get back to the 140 that i was about 4 years ago.
I am motivated and dedicated and ready to start getting fit again! Mostly i want to have enough energy to play with my son as he gets older.

So....
I ordered Turbo Jam from ebay, I have the Learn & Burn, Turbo Sculpt and 20 min workout dvd. and because i loved it so much after just one day, i ordered the cardio party and Ab dvd and the cardio party mix 3.

I don't have the schedule that would come with the package and i was wondering if anyone would share with me what they suggest for a workout schedule if you ordered the whole package? Or if someone wanted to share their own idea for a good workout schedule....i am pumped and have the time to workout twice a day.

and what about for the 10 in 10 thing? I have started to eat healthy again and i was wondering what the schedule of workouts is for the 10 in 10 challenge.....or any input on the diet part would be helpful too

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Laura
GoofyNewfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 08:54 AM   #85  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 193.5/193.5/145

Height: 5'3"

Hey all!! I was searching for a new video set and it looks like Turbo Jam may be for me! However, on their website there are so many different videos and packages, can anyone direct me to the best vidoes to get the best results? Thanks ladies!!!
nmetcalf84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:57 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 139/137/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone!

I am new to this board but have been doing Turbo Jam for about a month, along with using the treadmill and elliptical.

I want to order the Turbo Jam Deluxe and/or Maximum Results packages soon, but I still haven't mastered Cardio Party 1. The squat/kicks segment just kills me. I can complete it (and the whole tape), but I know I'm not really squatting, but rather just tapping with my knees bent in a constant squat position. It's so frustrating for me, since I'm afraid I shouldn't move up into other TJ DVDs if I can't master the first set!

Still, I'm loving Turbo Jam.

I'd like to hear opinions on the strength training TJ routines -- I've been using Turbo Sculpt 2-3x per week, but I don't totally love it. What about you?
poppins3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:43 PM   #87  
Determined to succeed.

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5' 3"

Thumbs up I love Turbo Kickboxing (TKB)!!

Hey Guys,

I've never seen the Turbo Jam videos, but they're based off of Chalene's class called Turbo Kickboxing. TKB is basically Turbo Jam on Steroids!!! The class is a party especially Anna Rita's class (she lost weight doing TKB -- check it out: -- http://www.turbokick.com/index.php?c...na-rita_sloss). Isn't she in the videos too? She's the big-haired, super toned dark lady and she rocks! I live in Orange County and a lot of the people on the Turbo Jam videos are 24 hour fitness instructors in the area who teach TKB.

This workout is awesome! And they really work!
Gracenote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 05:43 PM   #88  

To do TurboKick, you need to become a TurboKick Instructor which quite a few have become after starting with Turbo Jam. You can buy TK on eBay but you will spend big bucks for some of them - and they might be copies. It's against Powder Blue's (TurboKick company owned by Chalene and her hubby) policy for TK instructors to sell their Round DVD's. From what I understand, these are workouts - they are Rounds for the instructors to learn to teach at their classes.

There is a Turbo Camp in August for all TurboKick and Turbo Jammer's that want to sign up and go - you can find out more information at www.turbokick.com for the camp.

Anna-Rita is in the videos and she's lost 70 pounds doing Turbo Jam low impact. She looks awesome!

Rachelle
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:48 PM   #89  
brookypooh

S/C/G: 213/see ticker/120

Height: 5'6"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinner View Post
Hey guys - brand new here. Wanted to get in with the Turbo Jammers. I just started 3 weeks ago. So far I love TJ. I have initial 5 package and just (today) received Cardio Party3 and Punch Kick & Jam. I did CP3 tonight. Whew! Much faster than CP1 but I got most of it. 50 minutes! Tomorrow I'm looking forward to trying PK&J.

I'm 46, 5'8" and have been normal to thin most of my life (at 135 - 145 range). Past 4 or 5 years became total slacker and gained 40-45 pounds - still can't even believe that!!!?!?!?! Now I've got high cholestral and high blood pressure and am feeling decidedly chunky and middle-aged. I was always a hip, thin chick so it's been pissing me off!!!

I'm counting calories - trying to keep it 1500 or below and would like to get as close to 140 as I can by this summer. I'm trying to workout 5 nights a week - doing a rotation of TJ, Tae Bo and other kickboxing vids and step vids. (never been a good gym person). Just trying to burn as many calories as I can right now. Oh, and I quit smoking one month ago today (applause please!!!).

Anyway - that's my story. Happy to be here - you guys seem great and so many of you have had tremendous success already - very impressed!! Nice to meet you all!
Congrats on quiting smoking I just did that same thing my self a week ago I know it hasnt been very long but it has been very hard and I also RE started my diet the monday befor. I have been doing TJ for a while now on and off and I love it!!! If I go with out it for a while the first time I come back I huff and puff but after that Im rockin, ! anyways I am ordering the new packs as soon as I have the money! Any ways I havent been on this site for a while but I love it here! anyways good luck every one! summer is almost here!!!!
brookypooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:22 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 155/138/125

Height: 5'4"

I just started to do LA weight loss and started doing turbo jam again,havnt quite got the enthusiasum as u guys but I am still plugging away .how many times a week is sufficiant?
debbieduzLAWL is offline   Reply With Quote