Old 04-23-2007, 07:56 PM   #136  

OMGosh - this same thing happened with me when I ordered HHA and when you call their 800, you get their customer service in Iran. Try calling 800 240 1068 - I think this is their customer service in USA. They'll fix it for you. I ordered two sets but it actually could have been three - I wanted to get to the screen to order the deluxe set. Good luck!

I grew up only a few miles from the Canadian border and my family raised and raced thoroghbreds so we spent our summers in Regina and Saskatoon with a few trips to Winnipeg. It was a great way to grow up - I love Cananda!

Keep us posted - I look forward to hearing what you think of both programs. You can't go wrong as long as you are pressing play!

Rachelle
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:45 PM   #137  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Good evening, all. I've had TJ since January, but I just started using it this week. Now I'm wondering why I waited so long to start! I've been getting up early in the a.m. so I can get through it without kicking a child in the head or stepping on little feet, hands, etc.

I feel so uncoordinated so much of the time. Please tell me that goes away as you get used to the routines and all the different moves. It's a good thing I do it in the basement where the neighbors can't see me!!
jetsetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:27 AM   #138  

Jetsetter, welcome to the world of Turbo Jam!!!! I've been doing it since September 2005 and I'M STILL GLAD NO ONE CAN SEE ME!!! And this is with doing Tae Bo for 8 years. LOL! I also workout in our basement. I love Chalene's comment that mistakes burn calories - soooo true. As long as your moving, it will all come together. It's only been a week! It will get easier - well, not easier but the moves will come together for you more smoothly as time goes on. And the one thing is that you'll recognize the moves in other TJ workouts so it's not like you'll have to learn all new moves as you go on. This is such a fun, fun workout - I don't even feel like it's a "workout".

Best of luck! Rachelle
Old 04-24-2007, 11:19 PM   #139  
Yup... at this AGAIN!

Jetsetter - I don't have my TJ yet, but be assured I can outdo you in the "lack of coordination" category. Not even my husband will be seeing my shake this bootie until a few lbs come off!

Rachelle - thanks for the TJ phone number. They fixed my order and assured me I would only receive ONE (and only ONE) package. Whew! Now I can't wait for it to arrive. I love living in Canada, but it sucks that we can't get the express shipping offer extended to include Canadian addresses. I think I have to wait 4 - 5 weeks. Blah!
Sask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:35 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 251/248/130

Height: 5'2''

ive done the tae-bo tapes..and had some fun with it...my son wakes up earlier than I do, so he likes to copy my high kicks and whatnot. I have kinda jabbed him in the head once, and stepped on his teeny tiny toes a few times....he thought it was funny and did it to me....after that I couldnt do it anymore. I was wondering if TJ and the classes called "Turbo Kickboxing" that you can take at a gym are basically the same?? Ive been looking into TKB, but am kind of intimidated by the TURBO part. Im not very coordinated and have been told that my punches look kind of like im swimming. Is it for beginners or intermediate-advanced? any help is appreciated.
huniebunie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:50 PM   #141  

Hunie, from what I understand is that Turbo Jam is basically the beginner/intermediate style of Turbo Kick. For me, I would have wanted to have some Turbo Jam behind me before going to a TK class - but I don't even have TK classes to go to so take that for what it's worth! And all those that had TK BEFORE Turbo Jam . . . which there were . . . You know what - actually - go to a class - if you like it, get Turbo Jam for your home workouts. They say there is nothing like a live class AND don't be intimidated by the Turbos - do what you can and that is all you can do and all they want you to do. You will build yourself up so it won't be AS hard - it will always BE hard because that is what Turbo is all about - getting your heartrate UP and if it was easy, it would defeat the purpose of them. I HEART the football drills - I really do.

Go for it and please come back and share so I can pretend I was there too!!! Can't wait to hear about it!

Rachelle

Last edited by RachelleS; 05-15-2007 at 11:36 PM.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:25 PM   #142  
cals. in v. cals. out

S/C/G: 157/151/130

Height: 5'6

Ok I just tried to read through this thread and the other TJ thread that is a year old now. Rachelle, I think you should get a commission b/c you just sold me on TJ and it sounds like you've done that for a lot of people
I can't wait to get it!
nomorefatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:40 PM   #143  

I am so glad that my love of Turbo Jam is flowing over to so many people!!!! It truly is one of those workouts that sells itself. There are some that it won't fit their style but for the most part, I hear more that love this workout then don't and I think that is saying a lot about it.

Any workout that gets you moving is a good workout. I've always enjoyed exercising but this is the one workout that no matter if I am tired and worn out, I WANT to push play. It's more then just an exercise - it's FUN.

Can't wait to hear what you think nomorefatpants! I like that name by the way - I've noticed it in another post. You'll be jammin' your way into smaller size pants in NO time!!!!

PS, if I ever meet Chalene in person, I'll have to tell her what you said . I'm losing my job in six weeks so maybe she'll hire me! LOL

Rachelle
Old 05-16-2007, 03:09 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 251/248/130

Height: 5'2''

So im really thinking about getting turbo jam to start with...since I havent exercised in a while...and dont want to look "strange" (im very self conscious) However, I noticed that there are many TJ videos out there...which ones are the best to start with? Is there an order in which I should get them??
huniebunie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:07 AM   #145  

huniebunie, I would for sure get the first package to start with. You need to do the Learn and Burn for awhile until you get the form down correctly. I was doing Taebo before TJ since 1997 I think it is and I needed it. Plus, the 20 Minute workout is still one of my favorites! I moved on to the 20 Minute after L&B and the Cardio Party 1 is a great way to be introduced to the rest of them. So for sure that package. Chalene recommends you get them as they are put out - and she's not just saying that to sell them either. There is a reason BUT if that is not possible, I would get Cardio Party 2 to add into your rotation and then the Maximum Result package down the road.

Best of luck! Rachelle
Old 05-16-2007, 10:19 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 125/125/105

Hi I'm thinking about ordering Turbo Jam, but is in an indecisive position. I'm considering either Shapely Secrets or Turbo Jam, and really can't seem choose which one. The shapely Secrets gets me a bit skeptical about losing weight while standing still for 7 minutes, but Turbo Jam seems like the bomb (but i don't always have 45 minutes to dedicate to workouts. I'm a busy college chick with a sad summer job). I was hoping to get some ideas from you guys, why did you choose turbo Jam?

(sorry do i make sense?)

*clueless*
xfudge3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 10:55 PM   #147  

xfudge, I just did a search a week ago on Shapely Secrets. I had called a friend of mine to tell her about T-Tapp and she mentioned that it sounded like SS which she was thinking about getting. In my search, I found that this woman also had a workout called Body Flex and not to many had much good to say about the workout - or her. If you go to videofitness dot com and do a search there is a whole post regarding this. If you are looking for an isometric workout, I would go with T-Tapp. BUT it is totally different then Turbo Jam - wayyyy different. Turbo Jam is cardio and it raises your heartrate right up there especially during Turbos. T-Tapp, I had a hard time with at first and sometimes still do because it raises the heartrate but not like TJ - in fact, it raises it higher without that impact. It is having a deep tuck, knee to little toe, shoulders back, etc.

I have been T-tapping for five weeks and I do miss my Turbo Jam. I will add it back in soon. I'm glad I have both workouts to do and I am going to sell my Cathe workouts to pay for my T-tapp ones I just ordered.

If you want a slower paced workout that is still tough, go with T-Tapp. If you want a fun, dancey, kickboxing workout that flies by - go with Turbo Jam. I'd skip Shapely Secrets. JMO. Best of luck to you! Rachelle
Old 05-17-2007, 12:46 AM   #148  

S/C/G: 305/200/150

Height: 5'5"

Ok Turbo People! I just found this forum and it was so great to see so many of my turbo sisters here! Rachelle- are you the same Rachelle on the BB boards?? This is TURBO MER here
To tell my story- I was a bit over 300 pounds about a year ago- found out that I was diabetic- got rushed to the hospital w/ diabetic ketoacidosis- a very dangerous state of diabetes. One night I couldn't sleep and saw Chalene Johnson and the infomercial. Never a fan of infomercials, my first instinct was to turn it off- but there was something about CHALENE'S energy- and the music- and I watched it a few times- wrote down the number- and ordered it- Last June I received it- put on learn and burn and haven't looked back. I just adored Chalene from the first work out- and the work out was so amazing- I felt strong and powerful- I joined weight watchers.
I went to the first annual camp turbo kick last August- I was terrified to go- not knowing what to expect, and what I found were the most supportive, loving and amazing people- and I got to meet Chalene and thank her. She was so gracious and amazing- She asked me to email her each time I lose 5 pounds.. which is what I did- SO- back in February, I got certified in Turbo Kick in NYC. When I emailed Chalene to tell her- she invited me to come to Chicago with her to bring me on stage on a keynote speech that she had- HUGE HUGE HUGE honor- it was about inspiring others- I told Chalene that I will continue to pay it forward to others. I will be back at camp turbo kick again this august. Chalene isn't the only great one- I got to meet her awesome sis, Jenelle, one of the sweetest people you'll ever meet- I got to meet her parents and Bret, got to meet Holly, Chicken George, Christine, Angela, Bryan, Mindy, Anna Rita- the whole crew- all great people!
Anyway, Here I am nearly a year later, after they told me last year that I would be on insulin the rest of my life- I was off of it 2 months later , then off of pills, my glucose levels are completely stable, my cholesterol is normal and I no longer snore.
I have been having a lot of fun with this journey and feel so fortunate to have met so many supportive people.
If you can, try to go to camp turbo kick.
I am also a coach for million dollar body-
check out my myspace - my myspace name is blinkycat
I am still looking forward to paying it forward- I have about 55 or so pounds to go- but am getting there-
Nice to meet everyone!
Meredith (TurboMer)
Turbomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 09:39 AM   #149  

Hi Meredith! You found me, yes, it's the same Rachelle. I am so glad you came over here and shared your story - it is such an inspiration for everyone!

Old 05-23-2007, 09:37 PM   #150  
cals. in v. cals. out

S/C/G: 157/151/130

Height: 5'6

Do any of the turbo jam workouts require a step?
nomorefatpants is offline   Reply With Quote