Old 10-28-2006, 08:45 PM   #1  
So happy to be me :)

Height: 5' 7"

Default The FIRM, anyone?

Hi girls

I am trying to get back into being consistent with exercising, and videos seem to be the best thing for me right now. I have a few videos, and recently got some of the Firm videos. I have jiggle free arms, jiggle free buns, jiggle free hips, thighs, abs. I have tried them and really felt like they were challenging. I have been doing the beginning version of each of them, which is hard enough for me now, and hope that I will be able to work up to the more difficult versions.

Anyway, I broke down and invested in the "transfirmer" series with the step and the videos. I am a little concerned about being able to get all the step work right... those ladies just seem so natural and professional, so different than bumbling me. I like that it is a challenge, though. I guess I'm really mostly rambling.

Has anyone else tried any of the Firm videos? If you were inexperienced with step like me, were you able to catch on? Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.
NewDay4MeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 11:57 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I recently started doing The Firm again after a many year hiatus from their videos (over 10 years). I was having a hard time finding time to go to the gym so I decided to do some home workouts and I knew The Firm was good. I bought the transfirmer series and I love it. I also bought a couple others as well.

As for the step moves, don't worry, you'll get used to them. My advice is just try your best until you get the hang of it.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 12:38 AM   #3  

Nelie,

Thanks for your reply! I look forward to getting better at the step. I do think what I've done is pretty fun. And when I've gotten lost, I have just kept moving.

Again, thanks for the review, and congrats on your weight loss so far!
Old 11-03-2006, 02:33 PM   #4  
Busy Mom

S/C/G: 132/132/120

Height: 5'3"

I just ordered my transfirmer series this morning. I can't wait to get it. I'm glad to see some information on here about them.
ammelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 12:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 178.5/160/135

Height: 5'2''

I got the firm videos and am waiting (not very patiently) for my transfirmer steps to be delivered. I went ahead and did the first workout today without the steps and it was quite a workout! I was not able to complete it even without steps, so that tells me I've got a ways to go. I am hoping to use the Firm videos as the bones of my workouts, and go from there. We get a lot of rain in winter here and videos are a great indoor workout. I think it will take a while for me to get all the steps down and keep up, but the challenge is exciting. I am glad this thread was posted, and perhaps more will join if we get results and have fun.
wannabetiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 08:12 PM   #6  
chocolategirl

S/C/G: 225/220/160.

Height: 5'5

Smile

Ok,Ladees....I can say that I have bought and used these FIRM videos....Cuz thats how long I've had em...When they first sold VHS.I also have a few of the newer Dvds.But,I absolutely love the Fanny lifter.It really lifts your Fanny.I use em every other day....As of now,I am 200 lbs.....and want to lose 40 lbs.I find the excercise is ok for me...It is the nutrition part of dieting that dosen't work for me.Some yrs.back,I lost over 80 lbs.on my own...maintained it for 8 yrs.till the birth of my 4 yr.old son.So,now its time for me to get back in shape.If ya gals have any tips for me..I'd appreciate them.....Thanks.....
chocolategirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 12:43 AM   #7  

I got my transfirmer on Thursday and was able to try it Saturday.

I started the Ultimate Calorie Blaster, and it was so tough! I had to modify a lot, then I looked at the dvd player, and I had been going 30 minutes. I thought surely it would stop soon. Finally, at 35 minutes, I HAD to stop. It was just too intense. I felt SO sick afterward, it wa pretty sad. I really felt the workout for the rest of the day.

SOOO, I am going to do more modifications next time, not do the leg lifts on the full 14", etc. That DVD was somewhere around 50 minutes long. So now I have a mini-goal to do the whole thing. I know I will be able to do it.

Wow, what a great workout.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:29 AM   #8  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I haven't done my firm dvds in a few weeks because we just bought an elliptical. Once I get back to a normal routine, I plan to do the elliptical in the morning and then The Firm after work.

Anyway, I have short legs and a knee problem so I never use the full 14" for climbing. Whenever they say tall box climb, i switch it to just the bigger of the two boxes.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 10:54 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

glad to find this thread. was just checking out the Firm site and was wondering if I could do it??
I have total body sculting or something like that. As far as I got with it was lying on the floor watching it! It seemed a bit 'busy'. so much switching back and fourth. between weights, stick, big step .low step. I wish they would work one thing at a time. Also, it seemed a bit fast paced. I really need to get involved with something to start "firming" up. Now that some of you have tried this what do you think? have you seen results? have you been able to get in the swing of how it's done?
Maggie
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:09 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 207.8/203.2/115

Height: 5'3.5"

I used the Firm movies a few years ago and have been thinking about bringing them out again. The Abs were pretty easy for me but the cardio and others kicked my butt. Im scared since Im WAY out of shape now that I wont be able to do them at all. I use the steps, but thinking I might not be able to use them at first. Itll be hard to find time without kids, but Ill see what my hubby can work out with me.
schellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:22 AM   #11  
In Search of Satisfaction

S/C/G: 190/187/160

Height: 5'7

Default My experience with The Firm

I just ordered my system last week . . .but miraculously it got to me pretty quickly. It is a butt-kicker . . . I completed the Supercharged Sculpting Workout (minus some of the stretching at the end). I didn't do all the stretching because I was too busy trying to concentrate on breathing. After completing it . . . I decided to take a look at the other two dvds . . . I was totally unable to follow the Aerobic Body Shaping Workout . . . and have chosen not to use this one yet . . . as for the Ultimate Calorie Blaster workout . . .there is a lot of choreography and the lady moves really fast. I caught on to a lot of it at the beginning . . .and probably could do a lot better (keep in mind I was pooped). I think if I go over this one a couple of more times I'll have it . . . so I'm not giving up on it yet . . .

All in all . . . I don't know if I'm a FIRM believer yet . . . but with any luck I will be after I get the hang of it. . .
sistahmaryisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 04:56 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Glad to see this thread. I just ordered the transfirmer series with the step and can't wait till it gets here.

I do have a few of the older firm workouts and I admit that there are a few I don't like but a couple that I do. I was reading that this new transfirmer series was pretty good on a review site so here I go!

For those of you that already have the new full size step, how do you like it? Does it seem sturdy? Stable?

I've been wanting a high step for some time now and finally ordered this. I've been stepping for a year now but just using a 6 inch one. I'm sure this 14" step should really make a difference.
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 05:47 PM   #13  
In Search of Satisfaction

S/C/G: 190/187/160

Height: 5'7

Hi djstorey . . . .I like the step . . .it is very sturdy . . . the 14 inches really provides for a good butt-kicker of a workout!
sistahmaryisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 06:44 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Glad to hear about the step sistah and I appreciate your reply! Now, hopefully, I won't have to wait too long for it to be delivered.
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 10:41 AM   #15  

Height: 5'3

I occasionally do The Firm still..But I have an older system..The Body System or whatever it was called..lol.. But it is a very good workout regardless. :-)
gremlina is offline   Reply With Quote