Old 05-12-2006, 08:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/154/140

Height: 5'7

Default Tae Bo

I just got the Tae Bo Cardio last night!!! Waiting for the kiddos to go to school so only my 3yr old can witness my feet tangling and I'm gonna give it a try! I figure the lil one can't laugh and tell everyone about it later...hehe.

I watched it last night and it may be a bit fast paced for me. Even my fitness crazy hubby said that it looks like a great workout, even though he laughed at the stretches...lol.

Wish me luck! Hopefully I'll make it through! LOL.

Kim
OneKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:04 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Good luck!

I love Tae Bo but it sure does kick your butt! If you can't make it through don't feel bad, just go as far as you can, cool down, and try again next time. You'll probably get further and further every time!
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:14 AM   #3  

Hmmm...I'm so uncoordinated! I got through about 10 minutes and started losing him! We have a new DVD player and TV and hubby has em all entertwined so I couldn't figure out how to rewind...lol...I gave up, but I WILL do this workout! It's going to take me just practicing some steps...getting hubby to do them for me slowly...but I will do it! I can pick up line dances and stuff with enough watching others' footwork, so I'm sure I can pick this up.

I may even try it again in a bit! Thanks for the feedback on it! I can tell it will kick yer butt already!

Kim
Old 05-12-2006, 09:20 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Keep practicing and don't feel bad. When I started Tae Bo I would constantly pause the dvd and practice a move a few times so I would start feeling more comfortable. It probably took a dozen times before I started getting through the whole workout without feeling like I was going to trip over my own feet!

You'll get it! Good luck.
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:53 AM   #5  
Gina

S/C/G: 223/199/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Love Taebo

Hi Kim! I have been doing Taebo on and off for years, and have many of the tapes and Dvds. I have found that it is the only exercise (besides elliptical and weights) that I really enjoy and will keep doing. I can get through the basic ones pretty easily but on some of the advanced ones there are parts that I have to pause and rest a bit or just march in place a bit because of the moves being too hard or too many times (reps). However, I have had the Cardio one now for about a year, and if it's the same as yours, you will grow to love it! Of all the ones I have, it is the one I can keep up with the best, has alot of variety, and he doesnt go on and on with one move so that you feel like you're gonna die. And I am not really a sweat-y type person, but I am dripping wet after this one, and feel great afterwards. Keep it up, and it will get better. Is this the first Taebo you've done? If so, maybe you should get a basic one and practice that one first to get the moves down. Good luck!!---Gina
gigis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 10:25 AM   #6  

OK, thanks for the will power dust...hehe..I need it! I made myself go back and go all the way through the workout! I did get a few of the moves the second go round, and I'm figuring out the others...lol.

I worked up a small sweat (I don't sweat easily at all) just trying to do the moves! I'd work on them while he was going through them slowly, but once he sped up I mainly jogged in place to keep moving. There's no way this slow brain will catch on watching that fast!

I'm left handed, and believe it or not, that makes a HUGE difference! Not the left/right aspect of it, but the feet/hand thing! I find myself punching with my left when I'm sposed to be stepping with my left, punching right...lol.

It does look like ALOT of fun though once I get it down!

Gigis, is yours the one that just says Billy Blanks, Tae Bo Cardio on front? No boot camp or basic or anything like that. Like 9.45 at Walmart in the exercise equipment.

Kim
Old 05-12-2006, 12:10 PM   #7  
Soon to be Nurse Aug 2007

S/C/G: SW:228 CW:204 GW:160

Hi Kim,

I just started the Bootcamp for beginners yesterday and it really is intense.I attended tae bo classes at "my local gym" and only lasted for 30 minutes because the intensity.Yesterday I lasted 35 minutes so that must be good.Today I am going to try to do the whole 55 minutes. I thought that since it was a beginners it should be easy and only step by step. Boy was i wrong. I am sore today.This is without the billy bands.

I am doing the Tae bo challange up until the end of May, so well see how it goees. Bootcamp 5Xweek + 1x day of resistance is my goal(no excuses). I will post my results at the end of this month
ddran143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 12:57 PM   #8  

Good luck!!!! I'm sure you'll hit your goal and end up doing the 55 minutes! Heck, I might even join ya soon!!! I think that cardio one is just too short! But then, I haven't really DONE it, so I may be wrong...lol. Gimme a few days on that one.

I really hope you do well with it! I think I need less footwork in a workout...Maybe jumping jacks will be my magic bean...lol.

Kim
Old 05-12-2006, 10:27 PM   #9  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

I bought the Tae Bo Cardio DVD, and I just can't get the moves down, so I gave up....for now! I really want to do it, but I am soooo un-coordinated, and I get so down on myself when I can't do the moves!

Good luck!
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 10:33 PM   #10  

Height: 5'10

I lost 20 pounds doing taebo cardio and dieting. it was great. its really hard at first but it gets soo much easier and its alot of fun! just dont be like me and do that only, because you will loose only fat, do all the videos!
sweetlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 11:48 AM   #11  

Sweetlovin that's awesome! It does seem like ALOT of fun, but I've gotta take some time to get the moves down...lol. I won't get burnt out on it. I've got it to mainly supplement cycling for cardio. For some variety.

Cassie Don't get down on yourself! I'm so uncoordinated too!!! I did ALOT of laughing at myself when I did it yesterday! Try jogging in place when you're trying to figure out the steps, or when you just KNOW you won't be getting that step that time around...that's what I did and I still got a good workout! You can do it, just keep trying! Even the girl that was doing the counting and in super great shape kept messing up! Keep an eye on the cute, fit blonde right behind Billy...might make you feel better...lol.

Kim
Old 05-16-2006, 09:21 AM   #12  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneKim
Sweetlovin that's awesome! It does seem like ALOT of fun, but I've gotta take some time to get the moves down...lol. I won't get burnt out on it. I've got it to mainly supplement cycling for cardio. For some variety.

Cassie Don't get down on yourself! I'm so uncoordinated too!!! I did ALOT of laughing at myself when I did it yesterday! Try jogging in place when you're trying to figure out the steps, or when you just KNOW you won't be getting that step that time around...that's what I did and I still got a good workout! You can do it, just keep trying! Even the girl that was doing the counting and in super great shape kept messing up! Keep an eye on the cute, fit blonde right behind Billy...might make you feel better...lol.

Kim
Yes, I have the Utimate Bootcamp Series, Fat Blaster, Taebo Cardio...The Taebo Cardio is just my speed I can't finish it yet...but, I know if I keep at it I will. The other two are too advanced for me...When I can't do a certain move or feel like I am going to die, I started to walk in place or jog and when I feel more relaxed I jump back in...

chiarij
chiarij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 11:34 AM   #13  

Chiarij, glad you enjoy the videos! I think mine is pretty much over...lol. I can't make myself turn it back on lately. I did enjoy it though! I'll probably just wait till my hubby or son can show me how to do all the steps...lol.

Kim
Old 05-18-2006, 11:43 AM   #14  
Soon to be Nurse Aug 2007

S/C/G: SW:228 CW:204 GW:160

Yeah...I can agree with you on the moves because I felt my self stumbling too. Sometimes I just waited until the second set to finally catch on.
ddran143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 07:18 PM   #15  
cha

S/C/G: 228/142/125

Hi there ladies, may I join?
I just recieved my Billy's BootCamp Elite dvds, plus the 7 day booster diet and 7 day energy supplements. I read through all the diet guidelines and foods. Sheesh!!! What a list!! It's gonna cost me more to buy the foods for that week, then it did to purchase the workouts!! But, I have used him in the past and I know it will be worth it!! Havent exercised much in the past 4 months, so this is gonna be a MAJOR challenge for me!!! Not sure I will be able to keep up with him, but I have heard no one gets through it the first time around. Sometimes not even the second or third time. So, I know I wont be alone if I cant finish it!! LOL. But I will not give up!! I need to lose at least 10 lbs by June 19th!!! Hopefully my 4 month plateau will be over after the first 7 days of BB's program!! Wish me luck, and I will come back and letcha know how its going for me.
P.S. I just love the dog tags ya get with the program!! heheheheee It kinda reminds you what you need to accomplish your goals!! I will wear them for the first 7 days for sure. All the clanking they do, will definitely remind me what my goal is!! hahahaha Just gotta make sure to take em off before bedtime so I dont strangle myself!! Anyhooooo, thanks for listening!!
cha is offline   Reply With Quote