Old 12-08-2005, 02:06 PM   #1  
Egy Kis Lany

Default Dance Videos -- Hip Hop?

For those of you out there with extensive collections...

I'm envisioning a dance video that does hip hop moves. I figure that it will be a lot of fun for me, and I'm looking for something new.

Any recomendations?
PhysDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 04:56 PM   #2  

I'm wondering if Zumba would fit this? I've been meaning to try this out - I never have but it seems that when it first came out, that was what it was considered - hip hop.

I'm doing Turbo Jam and absolutely LOVE it - it's more dancy but I wouldn't say hip hop. ??? Course, maybe it's my age (35) - I've never hip hopped. LOL

Rachelle
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 02:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I got one you'd like. It's one of the Crunch series called Cardio Dance Blast. It's a whole group of women dancing in club wear (jeans, camo, etc) and you do I think 6 different series so you get a variety with enough repitition to learn it. The instructors great too.
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 09:54 AM   #4  
Egy Kis Lany

Rachelle - Actually I've bnever done 'hip hop' before, either! I used to do Ballroom dance and since have gotten into the LIndy Hop (SWING!), blues, and argentine tango.
But I see so much fusion between the non-ballroom-strict-competition dances (like blues and tango!) that I think adding some hip-hop to my repetoire is a good idea.
I will see if I can find some "Zumba" reviews, I've never heard of it.

stacylambert - Thanks! This sounds like just what I'm looking for. Do you know if I can pick up the crunch series in a target-type store, or should I look for it online?
PhysDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 01:49 PM   #5  

There is a workout called Girlz Gone HipHop -- I haven't tried it. It's fairly new and I may get it one of these days. There is a QuickFix workout called Cardio HipHop. It has 3 10-minute hip-hop workouts. I enjoy that one and will use them to add-on to short workouts. There is also Crunch Cardio Dance Blast. It has a hip-hop section as well as a Latin and disco section. It is a 40 minute workout and is lots of fun.
DancingAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 10:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I got mine at Best Buy and I've seen it at Wal Mart before. Check before you buy online, shipping sucks!
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 10:57 PM   #7  

Quick Fix Hip Hop is fun. Four 10 minute segments that move at the right pace. I prefer to do 2 or 3 at once
lenamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 09:04 AM   #8  
one leg press at a time

I would think TJ's or Yoga Booty Ballet would fit the bill. HEre s a link to each of the systems.
YBB- http://www.beachbody.com/jump.jsp?it...rID=159&KICKER

TJ- http://www.beachbody.com/jump.jsp?it...rID=176&KICKER
Firmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 08:19 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelleS
I'm wondering if Zumba would fit this? I've been meaning to try this out - I never have but it seems that when it first came out, that was what it was considered - hip hop.

I'm doing Turbo Jam and absolutely LOVE it - it's more dancy but I wouldn't say hip hop. ??? Course, maybe it's my age (35) - I've never hip hopped. LOL

Rachelle
Ah, Zumba. Last winter Me and my aunt had a "fitness goal" to do Zumba once a day...needless to say, didn't last long. Very cardio-based, though, the moves were hilarious and fun to do, also. But it got boring after a while (after maybe a month).
Claire de Ravin is offline   Reply With Quote