Old 11-19-2005, 05:41 PM   #16  
Empress/Queen

Exclamation Yourself!Fitness

There previously was a short thread on the interactive personal trainer fitness game "Yourself!Fitness" but not much activity there. I've since toyed with the idea of buying this but can't decide. Was wondering if anyone else has any experience or thoughts on it. The manufacturer has a forum with lots of users posting, but I don't find that very objective commentary. Was also wondering, if you use this game in conjunction with other fitness activities? Is it worth bothering with or buying a game system? I can't see working out to a game on my computer screen. Also the web site has an option to see a "free" workout but when I click it, nothing happens. So buying the game would kind of be a pig in a poke. There's no way to see what the workouts would be like.

Thanks.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 10:17 PM   #17  

I'd say that if you already have a gaming system, that buying Yourself!Fitness is a great idea. Without owning a gaming system already, I don't think I'd spend that much money. I'm lucky that DH is a PS2 nut, so he bought it for me for me, before I had even heard of it.
iowasteph2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 12:03 PM   #18  

I just bought it a couple of days ago and I really like it. I have done 3 workouts and it seems really fun. I don't think I could do it as my only exercise, but i like using it as my main routine and then adding Walk Away The Pounds or The Firm. I like it because it tracks your progress and can change the difficulty based on your fitness level.
lucky_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 08:55 AM   #19  

Talking Still workin' w/ MAYA

I havent been here in a while and thought I would check in and see if there is anyone out there still doing Yourself Fitness. I just completed workout #42. I really like it, but I still walk about 2 miles 4 times a week and use my exercise bike. Sometimes I do get a little bored w/ MAYA, but she does change to different focuses every time, so I dont do the same routine. It is great to have when you cant get outside because of the weather , too.
brattypatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 07:54 PM   #20  

I just did my 17th one workout yesterday- I still like it. I am glad I bought it, but i still need to do other things in my routine too so I don't get bored.

Ohh, Patti, how long does it take for you to unlock all of the backgrounds and music?
lucky_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 08:45 AM   #21  

Lucky,
I dont know if I have all the places and music unlocked yet. The last music I unlocked was "house" and the last place I unlocked was "Island Resort" (I think that is what it is called). I will have to write down all of them next time I do the game. I know some of the last music unlocked before was techno & dance. I still like the latin the best.
brattypatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:04 AM   #22  
angst and eyeliner

S/C/G: 230/230/150

Height: 5' 3"

i know that this is an older thread, but i just wanted to chime in...

Quote:
Also the web site has an option to see a "free" workout but when I click it, nothing happens. So buying the game would kind of be a pig in a poke. There's no way to see what the workouts would be like.
amarantha, if you are still interested, you can see if you can rent it from your local video store or netflix. you could also check and see if it is available used.

i have not been using the program long, but i like it so far. i am fairly out of shape; i like being able to customize the duration and the difficulty of the workouts as i become acclimated to physical activity.

i don't care for the music selection, so i just turn the music off and play my own.

i also travel for my job, so a gym membership is not feasible and i'm not always comfortable doing outdoor activities alone in an unfamilar area, so my xbox and yourself fitness comes w/me!
isenephthys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 01:34 PM   #23  

Smile Love it!!

I love Yourself Fitness!! I bought mine from Gamestop for the Playstation 2. Even when I'm on my Gazelle I put the dvd on and when she picks up the pace, so do I!! It's great! I do get caught up in school and fall off, but I can start right back up again!
fitdiva24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 01:56 PM   #24  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 220/188/170

Height: 5'5"

has anyone tried any Shape dvds or videos. I was thinking of getting some.

Last edited by MiaManning; 02-09-2006 at 11:05 AM.
MiaManning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:32 AM   #25  

Lightbulb Haven't tried Shape tapes or books, but.....

Ihaven't tried Shape tapes or books, but I do know they are for a good price at the website and Target stores. I recently book Muscle & Fitness Weight Training for women, it's a book. I believe that the title . Anyway, I breaks down each body part you weight train, and does beginner, intermediate, and advance exercise. It's all in color!! Right now I've been alternating between The Firm tapes and Yourself Fitness CD.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:48 AM   #26  

Hello... I've been using the Windsor Pilates workout..It really does work out your stomach muscles ..I want to try something new so I just got Power 90...
It really is a good work-out...I will let you know in 90 how it is...
Cosmo's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 09:49 AM   #27  

Oh it's me again...Let me know if anyone has tried Power 90... Thanks
Cosmo's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 08:00 PM   #28  

Thumbs up It's worth it!!

To me it's certainly worth it! I like seeing how well I'm doing and getting rewarded for it!! I think you get reward after every 7th exercise, not sure. I hope the come out with an upgrade with more music and surroundings!! Maya is very encouraging and gives it to you when you miss a workout!! I don't just do the CD I also workout to exercise shows on FitTV and The Firm.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:09 PM   #29  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantastica
What I really need to purchase is a big bottle of stick-to-itiveness!
Wanna make money? I need 2 bottles please. I'll pay a finders fee.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote