Old 01-18-2006, 01:04 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 162lbs/140lbs/127lbs

Height: 5'6"

Hi, I'm new too....I've been reading all of your posts about Turbo Jam after doing a search to find out more info. I actually saw an infomercial last Saturday night and I was mesmerized too as someone else said. It looks sooo fun!! I love to dance, so I'm looking for something that's fun and keeps me interested. I'm afraid once I pay all the money to get the set that I won't even use it. I bought pilates DVD's and tried them once and ended up selling them in a tagsale b/c I never touched them again. Did anyone have trouble staying with it? Also, does it require alot of room to move around? I live in a small apartment and don't have much room in my living room. I ordered Michael Thurmond's body makeover and have been doing the eating program since January 2nd. He recommends walking at a fast pace for 45min a day and that is considered my "cardio"...I get bored just walking for 45 min everyday on a treadmill. I thought TJ would get me motivated and get my energy up too! Any thoughts?
Christie22ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 06:11 PM   #62  

First, Turbo Jam is so not along the lines of pilates. I've bought pilates and yoga tapes also and would never follow through with them. The only ones I will do is the Yoga Booty Ballet - but that is much more then yoga moves. I've also been exercising for a very long time and granted, I don't have trouble sticking with it but if I was only doing the treadmill and pilates - I would have quit a long time ago. I also get very bored on the treadmill - there is nothing to look forward to. I used to read or watch TV but 15 minutes ends up seeming like an hour for me.

Turbo Jam is FUN, FUN, FUN - and you are burning a lot of calories in a shorter amount of time. I like that I do a 40 minute workout and I'm done for the day. There have been a lot of nights where I feel too tired but I want to TJ - and once I get started, the time flies. And on some nights like those, I just put the 20 Minute workout in and when I'm done and feel like more, I add the Learn & Burn or the TJ Abs.

I'm biased but I think it's worth the money and I think once you try it, you will like it alot. You could also check out ebay and see if anyone is selling one tape so you could try it out. If you do order the set, don't forget to use the 20% off - that will help. And if you use ebates, you'll get another 15% (but that is a different program so it adds your money up from shopping from websites they have listed and sends you a check quarterly) - it's not another 15% off from Beachbody.

Turbo Jam doesn't take up a lot of room. I don't have much room in my family room and I have no problem. In fact, a couple of the exercisers who show lower impact moves (one lost 70 pounds and boy does she look awesome!), hardly move from their spot at all.

I say go for it Christie. I really don't think you'll be sorry.

Rachelle

Beachbody is no longer excepting the CDROM discount as of January, 2006

Last edited by RachelleS; 04-03-2006 at 06:28 PM.
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 06:13 PM   #63  

Here is the 20% link:

http://www.beachbody.com/cdrom.htm

Beachbody is no longer excepting the CDROM discount as of January, 2006

Last edited by RachelleS; 04-03-2006 at 06:29 PM.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:32 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 162lbs/140lbs/127lbs

Height: 5'6"

Smile

Thanks so much Rachelle for all your help! I just ordered my TJ tonight...so it's on it's way! Yeah! I'm so excited now!
I know that Pilates & Turbo Jam are nothing alike...I don't know what I was ever thinking buying a slow paced tape such as pilates!!! I should've known better.
I was just afraid it would be another thing I spent my money on and never used. Thanks for the link too! That was a great help! Can't wait to get started and get moving ...I'll let you know how I do!
Thanks again!
Christie22ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 07:33 PM   #65  

Smile

Thanks! I actually found a 20% off coupon because I was hunting on the internet for it. I ended up ordering the deluxe kit too. Can't wait to get it!
twixxi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 10:44 PM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christie22ra
Thanks so much Rachelle for all your help! I just ordered my TJ tonight...so it's on it's way! Yeah! I'm so excited now!
I know that Pilates & Turbo Jam are nothing alike...I don't know what I was ever thinking buying a slow paced tape such as pilates!!! I should've known better.
I was just afraid it would be another thing I spent my money on and never used. Thanks for the link too! That was a great help! Can't wait to get started and get moving ...I'll let you know how I do!
Thanks again!

OH - I'm sorry if that came out all wrong - I really am. I know some people love pilates a lot more and would find that easier to stick to then Turbo Jam as they wouldn't like the faster pace of TJ. Everyone is so different in what works for them and it's finding that one thing that clicks with you. I guess my point was that Turbo Jam is worth trying out. I know forking over money for something is not the easiest thing to do but for me, I am so glad I listened to the many people who were ewing and awing over it. There are those though that didn't care for it. It didn't click for them.

I hope I didn't offend anyone!!!

Rachelle
Old 01-19-2006, 02:52 PM   #67  

Hi:

I just bought TJ after also being mesmerized by the infomercial; I like the idea of strengthening abs w/out lying sweaty on the floor. I'm a little worried, though, b/c I'm used to working out in the gym (treadmill and weight machines)...is it possible to see weight-loss results by working out with DVDs at home? Can you really sweat and tone?
Legalese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 04:26 PM   #68  

Yes, you can. There are so many tapes out there with instructors at different levels that you can always find someone that matches what you want to do. I can burn 700 - 800 in my workouts and my strength tape that I love right now - Jari Love's Get Ripped, states right on the front of her cover that you can burn 500 calories. You can lower your intensity or higher it when you work out at home just like you do at the gym. A lot of people find home exercising more varied and they are very fit and toned.

Rachelle
Old 01-19-2006, 09:56 PM   #69  
Mommy to two beast-ettes

i did cardio party mix 2 today, and i like that one far better than mix 1. i really had sweat just pouring off me after that one. i didn't get that way after i did mix 1.
jas80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 02:13 AM   #70  

Thumbs up "Bust yo' move!"

I've had TJ for a couple weeks now. Love it! I've been doing the 20min cardio just about every morning. I've done the cardio party, but that 20min is da bomb! I see some of you mentioned being hooked by the pdcommercial. ME TOO!!!! It just looked FUN! My big butt loves to dance, so this was the right thing for me. Before, my cardio was freestyling to some good fast music.

So, exactly how many TJ videos are there because I want some new workouts!

Marci
Plucking Flowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 10:02 AM   #71  

I went to:

Here is the 20% link:

I didn't see "delux" anywhere, or the 20% off. Does anyone know what the total cost is for the delux cds? I'm ready to order.

HollyHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 12:24 PM   #72  
Mommy to two beast-ettes

the deluxe package was a prompt that came up while i was checking out. i believe it cost 3 payments of an additional 9.95.
jas80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 01:42 PM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyHill
I went to:

Here is the 20% link:

I didn't see "delux" anywhere, or the 20% off. Does anyone know what the total cost is for the delux cds? I'm ready to order.

When you click on the 20% link, pick Turbo Jam in the products to choose from, click on Yes I would like to try Turbo Jam in the top right hand corner (says five workouts on 2 DVD's), it will take the 20% off the price but make sure it says that on the checkout order form (it will say it right below Turbo Jam entry).

With the five workouts you get TJ Learn & Burn, Turbo Sculpt, 20 Minute Workout, Ab Jam, and Cardio Party.

Then go to the top where it says choose a product and click under more fitness products "UPGRADE PACKAGES" - it's right below yoga booty ballet. It's right on top - Deluxe Upgrade for $29.90 - and you should also get 20% off of those also.

Two new workouts soon to be out are Booty Sculpt + Abs and Cardio Party Remix plus there will be 4 more coming out soon after those - I think a couple of them will be almost an hour long. I will get them but probably won't do them much. I'm getting spoiled on these 40 minute workouts!!!

Hope this helps!

Rachelle
Old 01-21-2006, 08:02 PM   #74  

Thanks. This is what I ordered:

Turbo Jam package + FREE upgrade to Express Delivery in Continental U.S. -- normally an additional $15.00 (3 payments of $19.95)
Type: DVD $47.88

Turbo Jam Deluxe Package with 60-Day Money-Back Guarantee (3 payments of $9.95) $23.88

MyBeachbody Diet and Support Club (free 30-day trial) + $25.00 gift $0.00 FREE

The first payment will be $36.87 (includes S&H and applicable sales tax).
The second payment of $23.92 will be billed in 30 days.
The final payment of $23.92 will be billed in 60 days.
Shipped by UPS. So it should be here by next Saturday,28 Jan.

Total: $84.71

HollyHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 11:16 PM   #75  

Can't wait to hear how you like them HollyHill. If you don't, I think they've been going for a nice size sum on ebay just in case! I think you will like them a lot though .

Rachelle