Old 08-28-2005, 03:12 PM   #1  

Default flexibility/stretching videos?

I'm not flexible at all!! Anyone have suggestions of strecthing/flexibility exercise videos? I'm scared to try yoga or pilates, because I suffer from frequent migraines, and putting my head down (like some of the poses) really gives me a headache. I'm looking for some good old-fashioned stretching! Thanks!
iowasteph2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 03:35 PM   #2  

I like Cathe (Friedrich's) Stretch Max DVD - it has three 20 minute stretches - I have used the one with the band (which I REALLY like) and one without any equipment (was okay).

Rachelle
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 10:20 PM   #3  

Thanks, Rachelle!! I'll look into them both!
Old 09-09-2005, 01:46 PM   #4  
one leg press at a time

I have become very partial to Fitprime's Flexposture and have noticed great gains in my flexability and back/ab strength.
here is a link for more info: http://www.whfn.com/flexposture.php
Firmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 01:54 PM   #5  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

Tamilee Webb's Total Stretch for Beginners is really good. It has separate segments for sitting, standing, and floor stretches. I like it a lot.
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 02:12 PM   #6  

I'm also a fan of Tamilee Webb's stretching videos. If you get it on DVD, it actually combines two separate videos previously release on VHS. It's a great bargain and provides some good variety.

Of course, you can also do yoga; in fact a lot of "stretches" you see on these videos are actually yoga poses, or modified yoga poses. You might look at www.gaiam.com, they have a lot of good videos for all levels for yoga and Pilates.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 04:17 PM   #7  
Working My Way Back Down

I have Cathy Smith's Weight Training for Weight Loss II (or something like that!) and the stretches there - 2 separate sections of the DVD - are good, and mostly yoga poses. There are some that require head down though.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 04:44 PM   #8  

Leslie Sansone Walk Away The Pounds are all awesome. It is more then stretching and flexability though. Although the do it and it helps! I suffer from migraines (I have RX for it) and these don't bother me! You might like them as well. Check them out at www.lesliesansone.com. They can be purchased anywhere.
TMunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 08:17 PM   #9  

Well, looks like you've got a lot to choose from! And here's one more -- I like Karen Voigt's Pure and Simple Stretch. It's about 40 minutes of slow and easy stretching and I don't think there's anything on it that I can't do (I'm 56 and not athletic at all.) It's also very calming...I like doing it before bedtime.

Dinah
Dinahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 01:26 PM   #10  

Thanks for all the recommendations!!

By the way, I can do most regular exercise tapes without them affecting my migraines, it's just moves that my head is down that seems to trigger them. My flexibility leaves a lot to be desired, so that's my new goal! Thanks again!