Old 07-23-2005, 03:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: S-195/C-170/G-130

Height: 5'5"

Lightbulb The Firm

Hey,
My grandpa ordered The Firm for me a few weeks ago. I started using it as soon as I got it (about 4 days ago) and it's so much fun. It includes the "fanny lifter", a step-up stool that strengthens your lower body, a 30-day rotation guide that shows which of the 3 tapes you use on which day, and simple meal options under 2,000 calories. It's a really good workout if you have strong knees. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who has back problems or weak knees. Good luck.

Lexi
Krazy_Girl4376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 04:23 PM   #2  

I also have the same Firm that you have, and I like it too. It has a lot of squats for me though--I get so tired of them. I suppose it's a good tired though!! Yup, it's a great workout!! I don't get annoyed by the instructors either
iowasteph2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 10:43 AM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

Heh, I wouldn't necessarily call this workout fun! But it is definitely effective! When I did it consistently for the months before my wedding, everyone said I looked so good. I had lost some weight, but I think it's all the toning and firming that made the difference.

Once I'm done having this baby I'm working on, I'll be sure to return to these. I actually have some pretty weak knees, but I just modify. I rarely use weights for the lower body work, etc. Still kicks my butt!
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 02:13 PM   #4  

Default Sparklerose/new here

Hi, just joined last night. I am 59 years old and have 13 grandchildren. I live in Florida and have lost 45 pounds. Have about 25 to go.

I love the Firm videos. I have several of them. I have the first few they ever made plus some of the newer ones in the last 4 years. Some of them are tough, but it is great exercise.
Sparklerose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 11:11 AM   #5  

Hi everybody, I just bought my first The Firm video. It's called Body Sculpting System 2 Complete aerobics and weight training. I haven't tried it yet, will do so later today. I watched it yesterday just to get a feel for it. It sure does last a long time...almost an hour. Are all of the Firm workouts that long?
milkseat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 03:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/220/160

I'll be starting these videos also. Tonight will be my first night. I also bought BSS2. I believe alot of the Firm videos last close to an hour but they do have some 30 minute videos.
Niecey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 04:43 PM   #7  

I just love the Firm workouts and have so many of them... On the days I just don't feel like working out I will do one of the 30 minute ones and other days I get out the 60 minute ones!!!!
doodlebugakj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 04:12 PM   #8  

do you gals use that bar that comes with some of the videos or just the videos? do you also use the step? thanks!
dachshundgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 08:53 AM   #9  

I purchased a weight bar at Goodwill since I got the videos without the bar and use it when it's required and love it!! It's not the one that comes from The Firm but works just great and only cost me a couple dollars. And the Fanny Lifter (the step) is a must if you are doing the Firm workouts! It really does help!
Old 08-25-2005, 11:36 AM   #10  

thanks so much for the reply! also how many times do you gals use your firm tapes per week? thanks! -dana
dachshundgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 01:40 PM   #11  

They are the only workout tapes I do so I try to do them about 4 times a week and then jog both days on the weekend!! I have so many of their tapes/dvd that I'm able to really mix it up if I want to but I do have my favorites that I tend to stick with!
Old 08-08-2008, 08:05 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 204/204/130

Height: 5'2"

I bought The Firm a little while ago, and so far it's going well. I love Cardio Party! It's my favorite out of the 4. As with the others, it's easier the second time around. I follow the rotation calendar to keep me on schedule.
missbrandi808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 09:18 AM   #13  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

missbrandi - that's so funny, the Cardio Party was my *least* favorite of the four LOL!

I really love the Cardio Overdrive.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 10:17 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 204/204/130

Fiber Lover let me set the record straight...The reason why I loved Cardio Party so much was because ::gasp:: insert embarassed face ::gasp::, was because on the other videos I kept getting lost and missing steps left an right (talk about an uncoordinated mess!) haha. But when it came to Cardio Party, if I didn't know the moves, i'd simply make up some. Boy, I hope none of you are my neighbors or happened to walk past my house when that video is on , although i'm sure you'd get a good laugh.

Come to think of it, I don't really think I gave Cardio Overdrive a fair chance- I think I was intimidated and did the Express workout instead of the full thing. I'll try it again and let you know how I do.

Wish me luck!
missbrandi808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 02:48 PM   #15  
Peach

LOL i love the firm!! I have heard that weak knees or not you can still doo the fanny lifter (I have the transfirmer), just modify and listen to your body - and don't use the fanny lifter/transfirmer two days in a row, if you've got achy knees.

I have now BSS4 (Transfirmer dvds) and the Transfirmation... and i looove them. I also have a couple of other titles. and i can't wait to use them. i think the firm is a classic because it work the body hard. (maybe not cathe hard, but we've got to get somewhere, right?)
princesspeach is offline   Reply With Quote